Media Using High-Schoolers As 'Political Human Shields' On Gun Control

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MacCullum began by playing tapes of students shouting, “If you can speak, speak. If you can march, march," “I ask our Republican lawmakers: Is their right to have a gun more important than our right to live?” and “We will not sit in classrooms with armed teachers!”

MacCallum noted, “But not all students are on board with that message,” noting that one high-schooler had written an email to Shapiro, saying, “I am in favor of walking to honor the victims, but not in favor of promoting gun reform. I feel like I have to choose between going against my political values or looking like a bad person. I need help. What do I do?”

MacCallum turned to Shapiro, saying, “You received several messages like that. What did you tell them?”

Shapiro responded:

I’ve been getting legitimately dozens, scores of messages, probably a hundred since yesterday from students who are disappointed at the way they feel they’ve been bullied into joining the school walkouts. What I’ve suggested is walk out with your friends and hold up signs that say things like, “Standing with children, standing with the Second Amendment,” or “Protect our lives, arm law-abiding people.”

The media has put forth this message, and they’ve been doing this for years, but it’s really accelerated in the last few months, and particularly in the last few weeks, they’ve put forth this message that if you disagree with them on gun control, that means you don’t care enough about the kids, and now they are activating these kids and putting them out on the front lines and putting them in photo-ops so they can essentially use them as political human shields.

WATCH: Shapiro On Fox: Media Using High-Schoolers As 'Political Human Shields' On Gun Control

glhs837

Power with Control
Finally, someone turned to proper phrase on this. Captures exactly why it's disturbing.