The Left's 'My Body, My Choice' Slogan Goes Missing on 'Right To Try'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When the subject of abortion comes up, pro-abortion Democrats have long chanted "my body, my choice." It's the entire movement's argument boiled down into four words.

However, it's not just a flawed-on-the-drawing-board argument for abortion. The truth is that Democrats don't even believe it, anyway.

Almost all opposition to a bill that would allow terminally ill patients the right to try unproven experimental treatments is coming from Democrats. Republican leaders were trying to fast-track the bill, but could not reach the threshold of votes required without Democrat support.

The New York Times reports: "Most of the opposition came from Democrats, who said the bill gave false hope to patients and could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases, because it would undermine protections provided by the Food and Drug Administration."

Hold on -- they don't want people facing death to experience hope?

Isn't it only "false hope" if the drug has already been proven to not work? Otherwise, it's real hope.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/lefts-body-choice-slogan-goes-missing-right-try/

This_person

When the subject of abortion comes up, pro-abortion Democrats have long chanted "my body, my choice." It's the entire movement's argument boiled down into four words.

However, it's not just a flawed-on-the-drawing-board argument for abortion. The truth is that Democrats don't even believe it, anyway.

Almost all opposition to a bill that would allow terminally ill patients the right to try unproven experimental treatments is coming from Democrats. Republican leaders were trying to fast-track the bill, but could not reach the threshold of votes required without Democrat support.

The New York Times reports: "Most of the opposition came from Democrats, who said the bill gave false hope to patients and could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases, because it would undermine protections provided by the Food and Drug Administration."

Hold on -- they don't want people facing death to experience hope?

Isn't it only "false hope" if the drug has already been proven to not work? Otherwise, it's real hope.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/lefts-body-choice-slogan-goes-missing-right-try/

It's not "your body" when they want to control it. It's only "your body" when you are doing what they want with it.

To be sure, this would drastically reduce the cost of medical procedures as it would streamline human testing and reduce lawsuits. Both of those things are against the Democrat policies.

Hijinx

It's not "your body" when they want to control it. It's only "your body" when you are doing what they want with it.

To be sure, this would drastically reduce the cost of medical procedures as it would streamline human testing and reduce lawsuits. Both of those things are against the Democrat policies.

Any hope is better than no hope. How can you harm someone who is terminally ill? If you actually shorten their life and suffering you are doing them a favor.
Of course if you shorten their life the Doctor and the hospitals don't get to cripple them financially.

These same dimwits might actually favor doctoral suicide. Why not vote to allow them to die as they please with experimental drugs.
It might actually lead to a breakthrough, and that would hurt the pharmaceutical companies selling their poison chemo.

Anyway I am all for it. Why should anyone have to travel to another country to try it, and how many can afford to do that.

Do the Democrats actually feel that this is such a bad thing or are they just voting against Republicans again, because that's what they do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Follow the money. I'll bet you the critters who are opposing this are major beneficiaries of Big Pharma campaign cash.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, let's think about this:

"Allow you"

A bill to "allow you" to choose the medical treatment of your choice.

Let's say it together:

They are opposing a bill that allows you to to choose your medical treatment if you have a serious condition.

Allows you.

Man, I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around the sheer audacity of that.

Hijinx

I know that I am not the brightest bulb on the tree like Tranny, but what I don't understand is how this can be a Democrat-Republican issue.

This is a life issue, why can't politicians vote their conscience on this.
No one can tell me that all Democrat and all Republicans feel the same way on an issue such as this.

Can't there be some rule in America where even a politician can vote the way he feels is best on some issues without being ostracised by a party.?
This should not be a political issue at all. This should be a conscience issue.
No one can tell me that there is no people in the Democrat party who believe this could be a good thing.
But because Trump brought it up it's political.

This is Bull####.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have a friend who is now in hospice dying from cancer, who could have benefited from these drugs.

When you look at this, what is the central theme? Death.

Abortion? Yes, let them die.
Dying from cancer? Yes, deny them possible cure, let them die.

The party of death.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is a life issue, why can't politicians vote their conscience on this.

Democrats are voting their conscience on this. Let them die.

This is the same with the gun control issue. They would rather render us defenseless and die for lack of being able to defend ourselves; all of this so they can control our lives.

This is the same with Obamacare (leading to single payer), where many would be put on death panel to save the government money.

The party of death.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

"Allow you"

Progressives must protect you from yourself ...

you are too stupid or uneducated or susceptible to coercion by your doctor to take some drugs / treatment that may kill you
you are too stupid or uneducated or susceptible to coercion to make decisions about consensual sex [women are flowers that must be protected]
you are too stupid or uneducated or susceptible to coercion to make decision on Global Climate Warming Change
you are too stupid or uneducated or susceptible to coercion to make an other choices where the ONLY Correct Choice is Progressive Group Think

This_person

"Allow you"

A bill to "allow you" to choose the medical treatment of your choice.

Let's say it together:

They are opposing a bill that allows you to to choose your medical treatment if you have a serious condition.

Allows you.

Man, I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around the sheer audacity of that.

If what you mean by this is that there never should be "allowing you" to take experimental drugs as prescribed by a doctor in order to attempt to regain health, I would be all with you on that. I fully agree with the chant "my body, my choice." The problem with abortion is, they're not killing "their body", they're killing someone else. But, in the case of suicide (assisted or not) or an attempt to take synthetic oil to help your joint pain, do as you wish as far as I'm concerned.

I do believe that there are drugs that should be controlled and maintained. That's why I say "as prescribed", because I do think it should be handled in some kind of controlled way or we'll end up with mass shooters who are all on psychotropic drugs....um, wait....

Hijinx

I have a friend who is now in hospice dying from cancer, who could have benefited from these drugs.

When you look at this, what is the central theme? Death.

Abortion? Yes, let them die.
Dying from cancer? Yes, deny them possible cure, let them die.

The party of death.

But do you believe they all are in favor of death?
Or are there some who would favor letting the sick person decide, but just don't have the balls to vote for what is right.

That is what I mean by a party that holds such a tight rein on the balls of it's members that they cannot find the courage to vote their conscience.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But do you believe they all are in favor of death?
Or are there some who would favor letting the sick person decide, but just don't have the balls to vote for what is right.

That is what I mean by a party that holds such a tight rein on the balls of it's members that they cannot find the courage to vote their conscience.

The far left is ruling the party. The extreme elements that are running all of this political correctness down our throats, protecting criminal elements, calling abortion the a right to kill, while refusing a dying person the right to live... If there are elements within the dem party that feel differently, they are awful silent.

Hijinx

The far left is ruling the party. The extreme elements that are running all of this political correctness down our throats, protecting criminal elements, calling abortion the a right to kill, while refusing a dying person the right to live... If there are elements within the dem party that feel differently, they are awful silent.

Well the new guy from Pa. will straighten that sh1t out.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Well the new guy from Pa. will straighten that sh1t out.

Sad, but true. No sarcasm emoji necessary. God bless America.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But, of course, the chance to use a not-yet-approved drug does not, in fact, offer "false hope," as Democrats argue. Scientific breakthroughs happen every day, but because there is so much bureaucratic red tape, life-saving drugs often take years to become available to Americans.

And how, exactly, would taking an unapproved drug "endanger people dying of incurable diseases"? Good lord, you mean it might be (gasp) fatal!? They're dying already, duh.

Just like the Democrats, though — they want the federal government in charge of everything, even whether you can try a last-ditch effort that might save your life.

Republicans, meanwhile, said Americans deserve the right to try to save their own lives.

President Trump has pushed the idea. In his State of the Union address in January, he said, “People who are terminally ill should not have to go from country to country to seek a cure. I want to give them a chance right here at home. It’s time for Congress to give these wonderful, incredible Americans the right to try.”

But not for Democrats. They want babies to die, and the sick and elderly, too. But just don't try to execute a child murderer. That they simply won't stand for!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28308/house-democrats-reject-bill-give-patients-right-joseph-curl