ISO Information HVAC Supply somewhere around Calvert

steppinthrax

Guys,

Any of you know where I can get a Capacitor or contactor. Seems it's bad on my heat pump, I don't want to drive all the way down to 40 northeastern supply (baltimore). I'm in Calvert.

Thanks

Chris0nllyn

RE Michael in the industrial park off 231 if you have (or know someone ) with an account.

There's a Northeastern Supply right next to RE Michael in the industrial park also if you want to go with them.

limblips

PREMO Member
Can't think of the name but there is one on 235 across from Wyle. Sits back a little. Somebody will weigh in with the name.

black dog

Free America
RE Michael in the industrial park off 231 if you have (or know someone ) with an account.

There's a Northeastern Supply right next to RE Michael in the industrial park also if you want to go with them.

Yep.. unless airport view dr in St Mary's is closer. Thomas Summerville and farther up is a R E Michael's also. Where ever you go just say it's a cash ticket for one of the known HVAC co's.

calvcopf

Tried this places when I needed a capacitor. I didn't know anyone with an account so they wouldn't sell to me, which is ridiculous. So, I just ordered them from Amazon. Ordered 2 so I have a spare on the shelf if I ever need one again.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just had a capacitor replaced on one of my units by a tech from a local company.
He told me to watch and see what he was doing, gave me the information about the capacitor and said to order online next time to save $'s on the install.

I think this is the right one, from Grainger's: https://www.grainger.com/product/5CMV9

steppinthrax

Tried this places when I needed a capacitor. I didn't know anyone with an account so they wouldn't sell to me, which is ridiculous. So, I just ordered them from Amazon. Ordered 2 so I have a spare on the shelf if I ever need one again.

You hit the head on the nail. I pulled the old cap. The top and bottom were bloated, I didn't know what it looked like before, but when looking at pictures online I could see that this is most likely what failed. The cap was a 440V 60mf/7.5mf, well I called all the NW and Airco locations and no one had it, no location. My unit is kinda so old that the cap is uncommon So I ordered it off amazon and got it Sunday (yep USPS delivers for amazon on sunday).

Just put it in tonight and the sob fired right up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My dot works for Grainger. Thanks for the plug; so to speak! :smile:

Had an account with them for near 20 years when I was trying to do a side business.
I finally gave up on it, just too much other I wanted to do, and not enough me to give to it.
Also, my ambition/self-discipline quotient is much lower than my IQ. :whack:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Had an account with them for near 20 years when I was trying to do a side business.
I finally gave up on it, just too much other I wanted to do, and not enough me to give to it.
Also, my ambition/self-discipline quotient is much lower than my IQ. :whack:

I love your posts, and you make me laugh! Dot is on maternity leave right now, but Grainger is struggling and demanding extremely high sales numbers from the reps; like impossibly high, and she doesn’t need the added stress because of her MS. Thank you Bezos. Maybe, step will use Grainger next time.

Grainger was the cat’s meow back in the day. Speaking of cats, best wishes to Miss T. :smile:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You hit the head on the nail. I pulled the old cap. The top and bottom were bloated, I didn't know what it looked like before, but when looking at pictures online I could see that this is most likely what failed. The cap was a 440V 60mf/7.5mf, well I called all the NW and Airco locations and no one had it, no location. My unit is kinda so old that the cap is uncommon So I ordered it off amazon and got it Sunday (yep USPS delivers for amazon on sunday).

Just wanted to say that Amazon is putting many companies out of biz, and Amazon employees are complaining about their hours and treatment. We were given an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and don’t want to use it, but that does not help the person who paid for it, and is out the money. I assume it is good forever. I will put it my time capsule, or donate it to the homeless. I refuse to give any more money to Amazon.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I love your posts, and you make me laugh! Dot is on maternity leave right now, but Grainger is struggling and demanding extremely high sales numbers from the reps; like impossibly high, and she doesn’t need the added stress because of her MS. Thank you Bezos. Maybe, step will use Grainger next time.

Grainger was the cat’s meow back in the day. Speaking of cats, best wishes to Miss T. :smile:

Life's too long and serious to not have a sense of humor about things. Why be a grouch when a pleasant tone works just fine?

There are things I can not find elsewhere, which I do get on Amazon (mostly comfort food items), but try to keep most of my purchases from more traditional sources.

Missy T had another episodic day over the weekend, but bounced back real well.
She had a good gnosh for breakfast and is now sleeping by me on the couch.

I think she will see her 21st birthday in June.

steppinthrax

Just wanted to say that Amazon is putting many companies out of biz, and Amazon employees are complaining about their hours and treatment. We were given an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and don’t want to use it, but that does not help the person who paid for it, and is out the money. I assume it is good forever. I will put it my time capsule, or donate it to the homeless. I refuse to give any more money to Amazon.

But see you have a prime example why. This tread is the prime example. I was willing and wanting to buy a cap immediately from a local supplier. BUT, they didn't have it. Amazon did, you also understand this was a 3rd party from Amazon, so it's likely another supplier. With amazon I still had to wait 2 days, it was 59 in my house. I would have been willing to drive all the way to wherever to buy one. I'm sure and certain that some fool probably had one on the shelf in some warehouse in Calvert, but he/she doesn't advertise to the masses the way amazon does.

I get what you are saying, but it's the way things are and it's what ultimately what everything will converge to in the future.

calvcopf

The local businesses that have the parts refuse to sell parts to "the public"---They REFUSED cash-- Not a way to run a business. I could care less if they stay in business or not.

Amazon had it and gladly took my money.

Last edited:

calvcopf

Glad you got it!

littlelady

God bless the USA
But see you have a prime example why. This tread is the prime example. I was willing and wanting to buy a cap immediately from a local supplier. BUT, they didn't have it. Amazon did, you also understand this was a 3rd party from Amazon, so it's likely another supplier. With amazon I still had to wait 2 days, it was 59 in my house. I would have been willing to drive all the way to wherever to buy one. I'm sure and certain that some fool probably had one on the shelf in some warehouse in Calvert, but he/she doesn't advertise to the masses the way amazon does.

I get what you are saying, but it's the way things are and it's what ultimately what everything will converge to in the future.

The local businesses that have the parts refuse to sell parts to "the public"---They REFUSED cash-- Not a way to run a business. I could care less if they stay in business or not.

Amazon had it and gladly took my money.

Very good points. Thanks.