building homes/townhomes behind Food Lion in Charlotte Hall!

mudpuddle

Has everyone heard that they are going to be building around 250 homes/including town homes behind Food Lion in Charlotte Hall?
According to the sign that is posted, all of the traffic would dump out on to Mt. Wolf Rd! Did they think that this actually going to work out?
How is this going to happen?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Has everyone heard that they are going to be building around 250 homes/including town homes behind Food Lion in Charlotte Hall?
According to the sign that is posted, all of the traffic would dump out on to Mt. Wolf Rd! Did they think that this actually going to work out?

Who's "they"?

Starman

Yes, it will work out! You didn't think they'd dump traffic directly onto Rt. 5, did you?

OldHillcrestGuy

This rumor comes up about every year. Its not going to happen, there's a lot of planning for something like this and so far there has been nothing mentioned. Yes there are some new homes going up at the end of Mt. Wolfe Rd, think its Mt Wolfe Way, but certainly not 250.

mudpuddle

This rumor comes up about every year. Its not going to happen, there's a lot of planning for something like this and so far there has been nothing mentioned. Yes there are some new homes going up at the end of Mt. Wolfe Rd, think its Mt Wolfe Way, but certainly not 250.

The sign is on Mt Wolf Rd about .2 miles before you get to White Dr. (that is turning on to Mr. Wolf Rd from Rt. 5) The sign tells you how many houses, and shows a map! Go check it out!

mudpuddle

According to Ken King who was so kindly to reply to this same thread in another forum:

"Just read about the development on the county page about the NORTH COUNTY TOWN CENTER PLAN, it seems the property is the Henderson farm property and from looking at the zoning maps it does not connect to Golden Beach Rd. which is zoned RMX, but surprisingly taxed as agricultural. You might want to voice your concerns to the county commissioners about the impact of traffic congestion on Mt. Wolf Rd. as they have the final say as to development projects."

My concern is with the congestion on Mt. Wolf Rd, and what about a sewer treatment facility?

BlueOx77

So I looked at the sign today. It's a realty sign. It's not a Land Use and Growth Management notice-of-a-public hearing sign. The RE/MAX sign says it is "conceptually designed for development," zoned residential mixed use on 134 acres, 135 single-family homes, 108 townhomes.
There were no political signs underneath of it as of today.

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 394

OldHillcrestGuy

So I looked at the sign today. It's a realty sign. It's not a Land Use and Growth Management notice-of-a-public hearing sign. The RE/MAX sign says it is "conceptually designed for development," zoned residential mixed use on 134 acres, 135 single-family homes, 108 townhomes.
There were no political signs underneath of it as of today.

I checked it out yesterday too. I had a big reply that I lost before I clicked Post Quick Reply, don't know where it went, Ill have to comment at a later time. I don't see it ever happening though. At least not before I will be pushing up daisies.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Whomever develops it will need a minimum of 109 TDRs since the density for RMX is one per acre. Last I heard to buy TDRs it is like 20K each, so that will add $2 million to the plan, unless the developer has existing TDRs elsewhere in the county.