Hogg Slam Opponents as Old People Dying Off on the 'Wrong Side' of History

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But Hogg really devolved into his usual mudslinging when asked if he was too young to speak out. The arrogant "we are the future and we will write the history" answer came out, complete with the "our old opponents will die off and then we win."

SIMON: Mr. Hogg, what do you say to people who who say, look - these are a very admirable young people, but they are young people? And that's not how society works or should work. We ought to see a little of life before we start taking their prescriptions for what we ought to do.

HOGG: To those people I would say, I think we've seen a little of life, considering we saw the slaughter of 17 people at our school. Having to see these things again and again is more than enough life experience than we've ever wanted to have. I think saying that students don't have a right to speak out against this is disgusting because we've lived through this. Regardless of what your opinions are or where you come from, you need to realize we are the future of America. And if you choose not to stand with us, that's OK because you'll be on the wrong side of the history textbooks that we write. But if you choose to stand with us, you will be praised as standing up with the future of America. Because at the end of the day, what our generation is fighting for - not only for us, not only for the kids that are alive right now but the future of America. We can and we will outlive our opponents because they're old, and they are stuck in their old ways. We will change the face of America with or without our opponents.

NPR Lets David Hogg Slam Opponents as Old People Dying Off on the 'Wrong Side' of History

sounds like a few posters here

how totalitarian of you Stalin would be PROUD

Hijinx

The kid is wrong. We won't die off and leave the country to young people who think they know it all.
We are constantly being renewed by people much like himself who stop being young and grow up.

One day hopefully he will grow up and see that although he witnessed a terrible thing it was only one thing in a lifetime of things he will see as he grows up.

Wars, tragedies,fires,hurricanes,and other things that lead to deaths and life changing incident during ones lifetime.
The deaths of these kids was a horrible thing, but when looked at from the perspective of the Holocaust which happened because of an unarmed populace and a dictator it comes more into focus. Being unarmed in a world of people who intend harm to others is not a good thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hogg is currently a big fish in a teeny tiny pond. He graduates in a few months and then will either go off to college or start working for a PAC where he will be a tiny little bait fish in an enormous ocean filled with sharks.

It's sad when they most success you'll ever see is in high school. His parents shouldn't have allowed this.

This_person

It's sad when they most success you'll ever see is in high school. His parents shouldn't have allowed this.

I'm not sure what Hogg has would be considered "success". "Notoriety" would be a better word in my humble opinion.

I do think that the position posted above, about old people dying off and these smart young people taking over due to attrition of us old folk is the exact same (almost word for word) thing Sappy has told me, personally, previously. It's as if they get it mimeographed off somewhere to read and reply whenever they think it's appropriate.

Sapidus

Angry Bitch Face ...

God you are sad pathetic person.

You are foaming out the mouth in rage because a teenager disagrees with you?

Posting dozens of articles while this kid and his friends rallied hundreds of thousands to their cause.

You must feel completely helpless and scared

Sapidus

I'm not sure what Hogg has would be considered "success". "Notoriety" would be a better word in my humble opinion.

I do think that the position posted above, about old people dying off and these smart young people taking over due to attrition of us old folk is the exact same (almost word for word) thing Sappy has told me, personally, previously. It's as if they get it mimeographed off somewhere to read and reply whenever they think it's appropriate.

The reason people say it is because it is true.

As the country shifts toward more urban life more people are exposed to people from different ethnicities, sexualities and other differences from them.

It is proven that religion is on the wane, as are anti gay, anti black , pro gun beliefs.

It's only a matter fo time before the pendulum shifts and Trump's presidency shows a last grasp at a culture that values white opinion conservative opinion over all others

This_person

The reason people say it is because it is true.

As the country shifts toward more urban life more people are exposed to people from different ethnicities, sexualities and other differences from them.

It is proven that religion is on the wane, as are anti gay, anti black , pro gun beliefs.

It's only a matter fo time before the pendulum shifts and Trump's presidency shows a last grasp at a culture that values white opinion conservative opinion over all others

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not surprised idiots believe it. I'm surprised you all use almost the exact same terminology and phrasing. Again, it's as if you all were given the same script, and you follow it to a T.

SamSpade

Every other generation says this - and they call it a pendulum, because it swings back.
And it swings back, because each side takes their issues to an extreme and refuse to recognize the value of the ones whose views they don't share.

Sapidus

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not surprised idiots believe it. I'm surprised you all use almost the exact same terminology and phrasing. Again, it's as if you all were given the same script, and you follow it to a T.

You mean how you dolts all learned the phrase Virtue signaling from Fox news in the last two months and then proceed to parrot it all over here?

At least mine is backed up by data.

Yours is actual propaganda.

Sad

Sapidus

Every other generation says this - and they call it a pendulum, because it swings back.
And it swings back, because each side takes their issues to an extreme and refuse to recognize the value of the ones whose views they don't share.

That may be how our government works but that is not how popular opinion on social issues works.

Just do 5 minutes of research.

SamSpade

Now that I've actually seen this kid on video - he's just another angry, poorly informed teenager with more emotion than sense who thinks he knows it all.
Every school in the nation has always had dozens of them - every generation.
I've been hearing this smart-assed stuff about the "older generation" ever since they coined the phrase "never trust anyone over 30".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It is proven that religion is on the wane ....

..... but that is not how popular opinion on social issues works.
Just do 5 minutes of research.

While Christianity may be on the decline in the United States, the world is becoming more religious, not less. While rising numbers of “nones” — those who claim no religious affiliation when asked — claim the attention of religious pundits, the world tells a different story. Religious convictions are growing and shifting geographically in several dramatic ways.

The center of Christianity has shifted from Europe to the global South.

The religious landscape is particularly changing for the world’s Christians. A century ago, 80 percent lived in North America and Europe, compared with just 40 percent today.

In 1980, more Christians were found in the global South than the North for the first time in 1,000 years. Today, the Christian community in Latin America and Africa, alone, account for 1 billion people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...shifting-dramatically/?utm_term=.0f697f05296a