Journalism Isn’t Actually Journalism — It’s Activism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Schneid has been criticized for failing to separate between journalism and activism — but why should she? The media certainly haven’t. She’s speaking truth. Journalism today is activism, even when it purports to be objective. And journalists have been highlighting select voices in order to push a particular agenda. Stelter’s nods throughout the interview suggest he doesn’t disagree — and in fact, most journalists don’t. They believe they are arbiters of messages worth distributing. It’s why Stelter asked me last week, when I protested at media bias, whether I didn’t want to see fewer shootings — because Stelter’s unspoken assumption is that the media have a broader agenda to “do good,” and people on the political Left automatically assume a confluence between “doing good” and backing a Left-wing political agenda.

Schneid has imbibed from that same cup. She’ll make a wonderful activist/journalist at a major outlet some day. But she unintentionally spilled the beans on the way the media actually work — and the media don’t even seem to realize it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28688/parkland-student-journalist-journalism-form-ben-shapiro