Great Mills High School Update:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Evidence indicates at approximately 7:57 am on March 20, 2018, Austin Rollins, fired a single shot from a handgun in Great Mills High School Hallway F, striking Jaelynn Willey and Desmond Barnes. Rollins continued walking through the school, and was confronted by School Resource Officer, Deputy First Class Blaine Gaskill, in Hallway D. Rollins fired one fatal shot to his head; simultaneously, DFC. Gaskill also fired one non-fatal shot, which struck the weapon in Rollins’ hand.

https://firstsheriff.blogspot.com/2018/03/great-mills-high-school-update_26.html

Attached is a timeline of the incident. Further information will be released as is appropriate with this on-going investigation.

GMHS.jpg

transporter

So, in other words, the good guy with the gun, neither prevented nor stopped this shooting.

What are the chances the right win circle-jerk-oshpere is going to correct their stories?

black dog

Free America
So, in other words, the good guy with the gun, neither prevented nor stopped this shooting.

What are the chances the right win circle-jerk-oshpere is going to correct their stories?

Do you think the shooter would have committed suicide if the Deputy wasn't there and had shot at him? If the shooter hadn't fallen do you think the Deputy would have stopped shooting?

warneckutz

You're dumb as ####.

Don't think he has a crystal ball for the future.

Obviously you don't have a crystal ball to see all the dumbass, stupid #### you could prevent yourself from posting.

Choke yourself.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you think the shooter would have committed suicide if the Deputy wasn't there and had shot at him?

He might have. I have to believe he thought this was a good idea prior to actually pulling the trigger, then there was the "Oh ####!" moment after he shot the girl. An act you can't take back, you can't change your mind anymore.

I'm interested in Austin Rollins' personality and demeanor before the shooting. Did the other kids think he was a weirdo? Does he have a best friend who could shed light on his mindset? Were his parents concerned?

I think most of us have been so angry that we've fantasized about killing or at least beating the crap out of someone, but to actually go through with it.... And it wasn't impulse; not like they were fighting and the gun was handy. He actually planned this out and had all the way to school to reconsider. How did he play it out in his head? How did he see it ending?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm interested in Austin Rollins' personality and demeanor before the shooting. Did the other kids think he was a weirdo? Does he have a best friend who could shed light on his mindset? Were his parents concerned?

I think most of us have been so angry that we've fantasized about killing or at least beating the crap out of someone, but to actually go through with it.... And it wasn't impulse; not like they were fighting and the gun was handy. He actually planned this out and had all the way to school to reconsider. How did he play it out in his head? How did he see it ending?

:yeahthat:

mitzi

He might have. I have to believe he thought this was a good idea prior to actually pulling the trigger, then there was the "Oh ####!" moment after he shot the girl. An act you can't take back, you can't change your mind anymore.

Everyone is certainly being quiet about him.

Hijinx

I didn't see an obituary for him so perhaps his parents are keeping things quiet.
Probably best.

awpitt

Main Streeter

It's hard to say what would've happened if the deputy had not showed up. Having looked at the map, the shooter was next to an exit (Scene #2) that leads out to where the flag poll is and an easy route to GMR.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's hard to say what would've happened if the deputy had not showed up. Having looked at the map, the shooter was next to an exit (Scene #2) that leads out to where the flag poll is and an easy route to GMR.

And then what's he going to do? Walk the earth like Caine?

awpitt

Main Streeter
And then what's he going to do? Walk the earth like Caine?

Oh. I have no clue. It's just that when I saw that map showing his route, I couldn't help wondering if he was planning to exit the building. He was about 20ft from the exit where the deputy confronted him.

officeguy

The murderer wouldn't have offed himself without the deputy confronting him. Not clear at all whether he was done killing that day, may have just been on the way to find #2 on his hit-list.

This_person

The murderer wouldn't have offed himself without the deputy confronting him. Not clear at all whether he was done killing that day, may have just been on the way to find #2 on his hit-list.

I'm not convinced either way. It seems the officer was trying to stop the shooter from killing himself. Puts a whole new spin on the whole situation.

The shooter may have been going elsewhere to off himself, may have been looking for #2, may have been lost in a haze in his brain not really believing he just did what he did...the "may have been"s are a pretty long list.

In every way this was a terribly sad situation for all involved. I pray for each and every one's souls.