John Paul Stevens...repeal Second Amendment

This_person

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.html

Calling it “a relic of the 18th century,” retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens called Tuesday for the outright repeal of the Second Amendment, saying it would achieve “more effective and more lasting reform” than other efforts to curb the country’s scourge of gun violence.

Thank God he retired, he’s the relic.

It would only take 300-500 years for that to be effective, I would imagine :shrug:

Hijinx

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.html

Calling it “a relic of the 18th century,” retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens called Tuesday for the outright repeal of the Second Amendment, saying it would achieve “more effective and more lasting reform” than other efforts to curb the country’s scourge of gun violence.

Thank God he retired, he’s the relic.

I wonder if there are any other Constitutional Amendments the justice wants to trash.?
Do away with the 2nd. and the whole thing becomes trash.
The 2nd. is what the founders placed in the Constitution to ensure the rest would be protected and held sacrosanct.

It would be similar if we did away with the Supreme Court, or if we did away with Congress and had a Dictatorship.
You may as well topple the columns that hold the temple that is America.

For changing in such a way would destroy the whole.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I wonder if there are any other Constitutional Amendments the justice wants to trash.?
Do away with the 2nd. and the whole thing becomes trash.
The 2nd. is what the founders placed in the Constitution to ensure the rest would be protected and held sacrosanct.

It would be similar if we did away with the Supreme Court, or if we did away with Congress and had a Dictatorship.
You may as well topple the columns that hold the temple that is America.

For changing in such a way would destroy the whole.
If they get rid of 2A, is 1A far behind.
We are seeing a lot of progressives moving that way.......just sayin’

Hijinx

If they get rid of 2A, is 1A far behind.
We are seeing a lot of progressives moving that way.......just sayin’

I believe the actions of Lincoln during the Civil War is a good example of what happens when the Constitution is trashed.Lincoln violated the 1st, 2nd,5th. and 8th. amendments.He ordered the arrest of a Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court for ruling that Lincoln violated the Constitution when he suspended Habeas Corpus.( If you remember Taney's statue was recently removed from Annapolis.) Once it starts it all falls like Domino's.

Not to mention many people who will fight for their rights, and the Constitution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I believe the actions of Lincoln during the Civil War is a good example of what happens when the Constitution is trashed.Lincoln violated the 1st, 2nd,5th. and 8th. amendments.He ordered the arrest of a Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court for ruling that Lincoln violated the Constitution when he suspended Habeas Corpus.( If you remember Taney's statue was recently removed from Annapolis.) Once it starts it all falls like Domino's.

Well, our constitution did survive.

PsyOps

Pixelated
From this op-ed:

"Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Today that concern is a relic of the 19th century.

I guess Nazi Germany never happened.
I guess North Korea never happened
I guess the USSR never happened
Cuba
Venezuela
Vietnam

If he's right and the 2nd was repealed before the Civil War, how would that war have turned out?

This coming from a constitution "expert" who is supposed to understand how history has played out over and over. How are we ever to trust any of our courts when members (current and former) hold no regard for history and why those very wise men knew why it was important to include the 2nd 240 years ago?

black dog

Free America
It's the best thing a lefty judge could have said, all the right has to do is keep playing that video of him saying that over and over and over and over. The Democrats will loose big again at election time.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not happening in my lifetime......

Exactly. If I have to leave this world defending the 2A, so be it. Soros and his minions can kiss my butt. A Hungarian with lots of money who hates America will not bring me down without a fight. There are others to thank for the situation, but too many to mention. Have to save forum white space, and all.

black dog

Free America
Exactly. If I have to leave this world defending the 2A, so be it. Soros and his minions can kiss my butt. A Hungarian with lots of money who hates America will not bring me down without a fight. There are others to thank for the situation, but too many to mention. Have to save forum white space, and all.

littlelady

God bless the USA

What is your major? And, why do you save my posts? I will be surprised if you answer me, directly. You seem to be afraid of doing so. That makes you a troll, unless you want to fix that.

Oh, now, you are gone from the thread...poof. You do love to talk about how many guns you own, and how great your marksmanship and knowledge, but you can’t respond to little ole me. You are pathetic. You forgot to add :otter:

Last edited: