Is gun control movement too white?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's a question hotly debated on social media as hundreds of thousands rallied on Saturday in support of the #NeverAgain campaign that emerged after 17 people were killed in a gun attack at a high school in Parkland, Florida, last month.

Protesters are being accused of hypocrisy, as some ask why they didn't turn out for the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black people and highlight the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities.

In 2016 more than 52% of murder victims (73% killed by guns) in America were black, even though black people make up 13% of the population.

Debate on Twitter focused on a photograph of white protesters holding up their palms, which read: "Don't shoot." The slogan and gesture became a rallying cry in 2014 after 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was reported to be raising his arms, was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.

Never Again: Is gun control movement too white?

1) BLM was about Cops Shooting Blacks

2) Blacks Really Don't Care About Black on Black Crime

... only when they can score political points over a Police Shooting

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2) Blacks Really Don't Care About Black on Black Crime

... only when they can score political points over a Police Shooting

This is not true. Black people care very much about black on black crime. It's the media that don't care and aren't interested in interviewing these people or hearing what they have to say.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is not true. Black people care very much about black on black crime. It's the media that don't care and aren't interested in interviewing these people or hearing what they have to say.

Fair Enough ... I was speaking 'politically'

Perhaps Black Leaders .... unless they are angling for more Tax Payer Funded Hand Outs

Brother Sharpetounge should be on TV constantly bemoaning black gang violence in Chicago and LA ... etc

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I have to imagine that the number of minorities killed by other minorities is much higher than the number of people shot by police. In addition, cities with high minority murder rates also have some of the strictest gun control laws.

I do think the media gives better press coverage to caucasian issues. For example when a white girl goes missing, that story gets a lot of press. But when a minority goes missing they get a flyer at the Walmart.

As far as race, I think different things to protest appeal to each group. Whites don't fear the police unless they engage in illegal activities. So why protest them unless you are the type that just likes to stir the pot. In urban settings I think protests are popular since there is always the possibility of rioting and looting. Get you some bounty towels for free down at the corner CVS once the mayor announces that looting can commence.

black dog

Free America
There is two groups of responsible adults here in the States that I have never understood why they are not armed and heavily involved in the shooting sports. That is the Blacks and the Jewish citizens. The two groups that were taken advantage of from being disarmed or not being able to arm themselves should have learned long ago to be prepared. But even though history tells them different, buy and large both groups avoid firearms like the plague.

black dog

Free America
there is the JPFO

One would make that educated guess ... but in my experience by an large those groups adhere to the Democratic Mantra Guns Are Evil

There will always be a small subgroup that rolls opposite of mainstream.
I know of two Jewish family's that own extensive firearms and a few black guys that shoot in the circle that I shoot in.. Those two groups are vastly under represended in the shooting sports. God strike me dead, I'll never understand why..

PsyOps

Pixelated

I would say by extension of their vote, they express that they don't care.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Since most firearms are black, or black and brown, I'd say anyone against them, or wanting to destroy them, is racist.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_1139.JPG