Gun Control Middle Ground. Possible?

Sapidus

In another thread two posters were discussing.

One ( This person)said that these students need to recuse themselves from the conversation about Gun rights as they are too close the situation to be objective.

The other ( Midnight Rider) said that in that case then gun owners should also recuse themselves as they are too close to the situation to be objective.

With the idea that we are all too close to the situation is there a list of common sense ideas we can agree should be enacted without infringing on peoples rights and still maintaning the spirit and language of the 2 amendment?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

My opinion: Feel free to disagree

I believe that the well regulated militia portion can be taken to mean that there needs to be a training or regulating requirement prior to owning a gun.

I believe that limiting high capacity guns in some capacity is necessary.

I believe the age should be raised to 21 nationwide.

MiddleGround

Yes. I think appropriate gun control is possible without infringing on the 2A.

Sorry... were you asking me personally?

black dog

Free America
In another thread two posters were discussing.

One ( This person)said that these students need to recuse themselves from the conversation about Gun rights as they are too close the situation to be objective.

The other ( Midnight Rider) said that in that case then gun owners should also recuse themselves as they are too close to the situation to be objective.

With the idea that we are all too close to the situation is there a list of common sense ideas we can agree should be enacted without infringing on peoples rights and still maintaning the spirit and language of the 2 amendment?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

My opinion: Feel free to disagree

I believe that the well regulated militia portion can be taken to mean that there needs to be a training or regulating requirement prior to owning a gun.

I believe that limiting high capacity guns in some capacity is necessary.

I believe the age should be raised to 21 nationwide.

You should have paid better attention during history class in Junior High School.

terbear1225

I believe that the laws already on the books should be enforced to the fullest extent and that warning signs should be followed up on. In many/most of the more recent incidences there were already reasons that the perpetrator should have been precluded from having access to firearms.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
National Firearms Act (NFA), 1934
Federal Firearms Act of 1938
Gun Control Act of 1968
Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975
National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Brady Law) of 1993

And so on and so on ....

You are way past Middle now.

F-Off!

MiddleGround

Haha. Yes. It doers appear that way.

Do you have any ideas as to what?

Just like as a citizen of the US, you have the right to vote. It does NOT say that you cannot be asked to prove citizenship.

I see no problems with expanding background checks, making mandatory training courses for ownership, looking into mental health, etc. Of course, this will not eliminate gun violence or school shootings but, it would definitely help.

Midnightrider

Anything where you can shot more than say 10-12 rounds without pausing to reload.

I'm just spitballing in an effort to come up with ideas we can all agree on.

Let’s say people agree to that, we won’t. But let’s say we do. How do you handle the millions of magazines out there that hold more than that?

black dog

Free America
Anything where you can shot more than say 10-12 rounds without pausing to reload.

I'm just spitballing in an effort to come up with ideas we can all agree on.

So what about my transferable belt feed machineguns?
And what about Military and LE, are they to be exempt from magazine capacitys?