Trump’s lawyer brought up idea of pardoning Flynn and Manafort

Sapidus

“The talks suggest that Mr. Trump’s lawyers were concerned about what Mr. Flynn and Mr. Manafort might reveal were they to cut a deal with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, in exchange for leniency. Mr. Mueller’s team could investigate the prospect that Mr. Dowd made pardon offers to thwart the inquiry, although legal experts are divided about whether such offers might constitute obstruction of justice.“

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/28/...on-michael-flynn-paul-manafort-john-dowd.html

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
“The talks suggest that Mr. Trump’s lawyers were concerned about what Mr. Flynn and Mr. Manafort might reveal were they to cut a deal with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, in exchange for leniency. Mr. Mueller’s team could investigate the prospect that Mr. Dowd made pardon offers to thwart the inquiry, although legal experts are divided about whether such offers might constitute obstruction of justice.“

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/28/...on-michael-flynn-paul-manafort-john-dowd.html

I think it more likely that the NYTimes brought up the idea of pardoning Flynn and Manafort to sell papers.

Sapidus

I think it more likely that the NYTimes brought up the idea of pardoning Flynn and Manafort to sell papers.

Well you haven’t been paying attention. Dowd doesn’t work for the White house anymore and Sarah Sanders response was scripted and almost nonsensical so it seems they are hiding something

“Ty Cobb, the White House lawyer dealing with the investigation, added, “I have only been asked about pardons by the press and have routinely responded on the record that no pardons are under discussion or under consideration at the White House.”

Notice his use of the present tense when asked about past pardon discussion.

Starman

If one assumes the unnamed sources are Manafort's attorney(s), I'd wonder what they hope to gain by floating this story? I don't see a logical end to it. It makes less sense this is from the Flynn camp, he's already cooperating in return for leniency.

Sapidus

If one assumes the unnamed sources are Manafort's attorney(s), I'd wonder what they hope to gain by floating this story? I don't see a logical end to it. It makes less sense this is from the Flynn camp, he's already cooperating in return for leniency.

That’s possible too. But who knows Dowd could have an axe to grind?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well you haven’t been paying attention. Dowd doesn’t work for the White house anymore and Sarah Sanders response was scripted and almost nonsensical so it seems they are hiding something

“Ty Cobb, the White House lawyer dealing with the investigation, added, “I have only been asked about pardons by the press and have routinely responded on the record that no pardons are under discussion or under consideration at the White House.”

Notice his use of the present tense when asked about past pardon discussion.

So you're adding 2+2 and coming up with 6 and that's your proof?

Starman

Especially in this administration.

Kelly Anne Conjobs husband is very critical of Trump on Twitter

I wonder what those two talk about night

Who cares? I always reckoned that Carville and Matalin had amazing sex, no talking necessary! Just let that cajun hog go to work!

Sapidus

Sap did a good job of refuting your point :lmao:

I don’t think you understand who is being quoted.

The quote is from the current lawyer TY Cobb and doesn’t mean that Dowd didn’t discuss pardons.

But good try. You almost managed to read and understand an article. You were very close.

Keep at it

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don’t think you understand who is being quoted.

The quote is from the current lawyer TY Cobb and doesn’t mean that Dowd didn’t discuss pardons.

But good try. You almost managed to read and understand an article. You were very close.

Keep at it

Keep at it... Never give up the wishful speculation!

:lmao:

Sapidus

And, yet, nothing indicates that it is true.

and all the idiotic clues you follow relating to pizza gate add up to truth?

and all the idiotic assumptions you make about Seth rich add up to truth.

but this is a leap of logic for you?

You have a funny way of parsing information for validity

This_person

and all the idiotic clues you follow relating to pizza gate add up to truth?

and all the idiotic assumptions you make about Seth rich add up to truth.

but this is a leap of logic for you?

You have a funny way of parsing information for validity

So, by your logic, you believe it is worth investigating Seth Rich's death because it is as viable a potential crime as this is, right?