Updated consumer confidence

transporter

All levels of consumer confidence fell in March...

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index® decreased in March, following an increase in February. The Index now stands at 127.7 (1985=100), down from 130.0 in February. The Present Situation Index decreased from 161.2 to 159.9, while the Expectations Index declined from 109.2 last month to 106.2 this month.

Consumers were moderately less optimistic about the short-term outlook in March. The percentage of consumers anticipating business conditions will improve over the next six months decreased from 25.0 percent to 23.0 percent, while those expecting business conditions will worsen increased from 9.4 percent to 9.8 percent.

Consumers’ outlook for the job market was also less positive. The proportion expecting more jobs in the months ahead decreased from 22.4 percent to 19.1 percent, while those anticipating fewer jobs increased from 12.4 percent to 12.6 percent. Regarding their short-term income prospects, the percentage of consumers expecting an improvement decreased from 23.5 percent to 22.0 percent, however, the proportion expecting a decrease also declined, from 8.6 percent to 7.2 percent.

https://www.conference-board.org/data/ConsumerConfidence.cfm

They did not fall significantly but they are not at all time highs as Vrai stated yesterday...she was using old numbers (as is typical).

The next release (March Final) of the Michigan consumer sentiment index is today at 10am. If you are interested you can read it here http://www.sca.isr.umich.edu/ Or if you just want to continue to be a Pavolovian puppy you can wait to read about it on the WH website or the in the right wing echo chamber...if it is good news only of course. If the numbers are lower, then it will either be Obama's fault, Hillary's fault or it will just be ignored.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They did not fall significantly but they are not at all time highs as Vrai stated yesterday...she was using old numbers (as is typical).

Um, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't mention consumer confidence in any way yesterday.

You have a sick obsession with me. Good thing I'm on the road and you'll never show up on my doorstep.

Hijinx

Um, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't mention consumer confidence in any way yesterday.

You have a sick obsession with me. Good thing I'm on the road and you'll never show up on my doorstep.

Tranny is a sick person. She has Trumpitis.
An inflammation of the brain that causes brain cells to atrophy and die.
It is not contagious to Conservatives, but liberals are highly susceptible to it.
The more success Trump has the more acute the disorder becomes.
A move to another environment is recommended, but even though some patients say they will move, they never do.
Many have tried wearing Pink pussy hats and listening to scribes such as Linda Sansour for temporary relief, but it only makes it worse.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Maybe it was where I laughed at her implication that confidence has been trending up nicely since before Trump took office in your 1600 thread. Her confidence may have been trending up nicely, but Main Street's wasn't.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Maybe it was where I laughed at her implication that confidence has been trending up nicely since before Trump took office in your 1600 thread. Her confidence may have been trending up nicely, but Main Street's wasn't.

Consumer confidence is like the weather, or the stock market. It goes up, it goes down. Always has, always will. Take advantage of the good weather, hunker down during the bad.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I never saw anyone on these forums that delight in any bad news for America as yourself. I bet you vacation in Cuba.

This_person

I never saw anyone on these forums that delight in any bad news for America as yourself. I bet you vacation in Cuba.

It's not "bad news", though. It's a common monthly fluctuation. Which is to say, it is out-of-context information made to try and make Trump look bad. Disingenuous at least, dishonest more than likely, in the intent of posting it the way Trans did.

If you look at Consumer Confidence Index over time, we're doing pretty well.

united-states-consumer-confidence.png