More tax cut benefits for employees

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Can't wait for someone to claim this is due to Obama's fumbling around in the White House. In case there is any doubts, check the highlighted text in the quote.

Finally some legislation that has a real impact on the middle class.

McDonald's, citing the new U.S. tax law and the tightening job market, is expanding its 3-year-old education benefits program, tripling the amount of money some workers can get each year to help pay for college or trade school tuition.

The fast-food company is also changing its eligibility rules, which it said will double the amount of workers who qualify to 400,000, or about half the people who work at McDonald's in the U.S.
Other chains, including Starbucks and Chipotle, have given workers bonuses or boosted benefits because of the Republican tax law, which cut the U.S. corporate tax rate.
McDonald's also hopes the expanded benefit will help attract and keep workers. Large employers have had a hard time attracting and keeping workers because of historically low unemployment rates.
McDonald's said Thursday restaurant crew members will be able to get up to $2,500 per year for tuition, an increase from $700. Managers can receive up to $3,000 per year, an increase from $1,050.

Starman

Nope, nothing to do with Obama. It’s far more likely this is in response to a tightening and more competitive labor market than it is a tax windfall.

I know propaganda when I see it.

Middle class? McDonald’s workers? LOL half of ‘em can’t even speak English. Good lord, what are you smoking? And please pass it this way.

Thanks for the belly laugh.

transporter

Can't wait for someone to claim this is due to Obama's fumbling around in the White House. In case there is any doubts, check the highlighted text in the quote.

Finally some legislation that has a real impact on the middle class.

Honestly, can any of the mofos read?? It sure does not seem so.

Please state where it have been said on here that Obama was responsible for the recovery from the recession? If you would actually pay attention (I know this is a Herculean task for the ADD infested crew on here), the economy has been improving since the middle of 2009. The economy was expected to get a bounce going into 2017 due to factors that had nothing to with Obama or Trump.

Here let me explain this part to you, the things that happen in the world...they don't only happen because of what Republicans or Democrats do or don't do. I know, you can't grasp this because it is way beyond your abilities and the abilities of most on here. After early 2010, Obama was mostly irrelevant and the Republican led Congress was inept. Trump is just a buffoon who is unqualified, in every way, for the job he now holds.

Doesn't seem any of you can handle much in the way of math either.

One offs don't do much...a few companies a few dozen or even a few hundred companies offering bonuses will not make the tax cuts a boon for workers. McDonald's increased their ed programs...great....wonderful. The amount going into those program will pale in comparison to the stock buybacks, exec bonuses and dividend increases.

Companies have been feverishly putting the savings they reaped from the tax breaks passed in December into their investors' pockets this year.

Share buybacks in 2018 have averaged $4.8 billion a day, double the pace for the same period last year, according to market data firm TrimTabs. That comes following Congress's move to slash the corporate tax rate from the highest-in-the-world 35 percent to 21 percent.

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Mc...uition-benefits-citing-tax-law-478284153.html

From your link, the McDonalds program has $150M committed to it over 5 years...companies are spending that in share buybacks every 45 minutes.

Doesn't seem like you understand the corporate mentality as it relates to our bumbling incompetent President either....every company is going to throw the egomaniac in the WH a bone...otherwise he'll go on twitter and tank the stock by 5 or 10% by threatening the company with some sanction...you know like he did to Amazon yesterday.

Freefaller

The company that I work for, just announced that due to the tax changes recently enacted, the company will be doubling the 401K match. I'll take it!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Honestly, can any of the mofos read?? It sure does not seem so.

Please state where it have been said on here that Obama was responsible for the recovery from the recession? If you would actually pay attention (I know this is a Herculean task for the ADD infested crew on here), the economy has been improving since the middle of 2009. The economy was expected to get a bounce going into 2017 due to factors that had nothing to with Obama or Trump.

Here let me explain this part to you, the things that happen in the world...they don't only happen because of what Republicans or Democrats do or don't do. I know, you can't grasp this because it is way beyond your abilities and the abilities of most on here. After early 2010, Obama was mostly irrelevant and the Republican led Congress was inept. Trump is just a buffoon who is unqualified, in every way, for the job he now holds.

Doesn't seem any of you can handle much in the way of math either.

One offs don't do much...a few companies a few dozen or even a few hundred companies offering bonuses will not make the tax cuts a boon for workers. McDonald's increased their ed programs...great....wonderful. The amount going into those program will pale in comparison to the stock buybacks, exec bonuses and dividend increases.

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Mc...uition-benefits-citing-tax-law-478284153.html

From your link, the McDonalds program has $150M committed to it over 5 years...companies are spending that in share buybacks every 45 minutes.

Doesn't seem like you understand the corporate mentality as it relates to our bumbling incompetent President either....every company is going to throw the egomaniac in the WH a bone...otherwise he'll go on twitter and tank the stock by 5 or 10% by threatening the company with some sanction...you know like he did to Amazon yesterday.
:killingme:killingme You never tire of looking stupid. It's so endearing ...why I luvs ya so much sweetie. So stop cheatin' with Gurps..kay? You hurtin' my feewings.