Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EPA poised to scrap fuel economy targets

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    it was an improvement over my various 69, 70, 71, 72 VW Beetles ... they only got 20 - 27

I much prefer my 20 MPG 302 HP Aviator now
    My '78 SUV only gets 8 mpg on a good day..but I can almost guarantee ya that vehicle crash safety tests are something it laughs at....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	122136
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

I'm getting 30mpg with the Slingshot. But unlike you guys, I look goooooood doing it.

And this is playing while taking a slow cruise around town....

https://musicpleer.bz/#!b87f763ab670...74830e0bb5cbcc
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    My '78 SUV only gets 8 mpg on a good day..but I can almost guarantee ya that vehicle crash safety tests are something it laughs at....Click image for larger version. 

Looks to be a damn good condition for 40 years old.

It will look great after a 40mph crash, you, maybe not so much. Love me some crumple zones and airbags//////
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I'm getting 30mpg with the Slingshot. But unlike you guys, I look goooooood doing it.

And this is playing while taking a slow cruise around town....

https://musicpleer.bz/#!b87f763ab670...74830e0bb5cbcc
    I was worried that I might have run you over the other day. Was just a stick, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    It will look great after a 40mph crash, you, maybe not so much. Love me some crumple zones and airbags//////
    It was in one in 1997. Three vehicles involved. Made the news. This is the only one still on the road.

It was in one in 1997. Three vehicles involved. Made the news. This is the only one still on the road.
    Using other cars crumple zones doesnt count :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

yeah I have a stock 96 that gets between 10 - 12
    my 84 w/460 got about 10 ... of course in 1996 gas was cheaper, but it still cost 40 bucks to fill the tank
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    yeah I have a stock 96 that gets between 10 - 12
    my 84 w/460 got about 10 ... of course in 1996 gas was cheaper, but it still cost 40 bucks to fill the tank
    Just the other day I bought a clean little '91 Toyota 4x4 pickup with the 22R 4-banger and 5-speed. Have not driven it enough to check mileage but it's gotta be a lot better than what the '78 Bronco gets..LOL

Just the other day I bought a clean little '91 Toyota 4x4 pickup with the 22R 4-banger and 5-speed. Have not driven it enough to check mileage but it's gotta be a lot better than what the '78 Bronco gets..LOL

I have a 20r and a 4sp from a 76 Celica buried in the back of my Garage
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Members who have read this thread: 33