Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EPA poised to scrap fuel economy targets

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    My 1995 Saturn got 35 Highway .... or higher, until that crap fest 10% Ethanol mandate ... where by I lost 5 Mpg per tank

how is that 'saving' the environment if I burn more fuel per tank
    Years ago in the early 80's, my Dodge Omni got 51 mpg. What the heck happened?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Company I worked for in late 70s through 81 had three VW Rabbits for a sales fleet. Diesel with manual trans. They got around 50 mpg too.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Years ago in the early 80's, my Dodge Omni got 51 mpg. What the heck happened?
    We decided that living was better than dying, and that quiet and comfortable was better than noisy and uncomfortable. Things like airbags, crumple zones, and insulation weigh. Those things weigh like 2500lbs.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    We decided that living was better than dying, and that quiet and comfortable was better than noisy and uncomfortable. Things like airbags, crumple zones, and insulation weigh. Those things weigh like 2500lbs.
    Interesting. That Omni was destroyed in a crash - that I walked away from without a scratch.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Interesting. That Omni was destroyed in a crash - that I walked away from without a scratch.
    It's fortunate that it wasn't a Pinto..

Name:  light-self-in-fire.gif
Views: 93
Size:  47.4 KB
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    It's fortunate that it wasn't a Pinto ....

rear end most any vehicle with a dump truck ...
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

The kind of crash matters, of course. But most would place you in far greater danger.

78 Omni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0H89lQatAQ

2017 Fiesta forward to the 30 second mark to catch the switch to full on 30mph crash to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAEUuw5l3Os
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 33