Accountant plays in the NHL

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Reminds me of the time The Who pulled a kid out of the crowd to play drums.

Scott Foster thought it was going to be just another night. Then the 36-year-old accountant signed a contract, put on his goaltender gear and waited in the Chicago Blackhawks' locker room. Then he got into the game.Then it was his night.
Foster was pressed into action when Chicago lost Anton Forsberg and Collin Delia to injuries, and the former college goalie stopped all seven shots he faced over the final 14 minutes of the Blackhawks' 6-2 victory over the playoff-bound Winnipeg Jets on Thursday.
"This is something that no one can ever take away from me," Foster said. "It's something that I can go home and tell my kids and they can tell their friends. ... Just a ton of fun."
Foster is part of a crew of recreational goaltenders who staff Chicago's home games in case of emergencies for either team. But it usually just means a nice dinner and a night in the press box watching the world's best players compete at hockey's highest level.

put me in coach

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Way cool for the working man. Sort of like the 12th man walkons at Texas A&M that do all the kickoffs, but with a lot more pressure. Kudos to Foster and the Blackhawks.