Flagrant overspending and industry ties of Trumps cabinet

Sapidus

“Over the course of the past 14 months, Trump officials have vied heroically for the title of Most Corrupt Member of the Administration, a distinction that presumably comes with a senior role at the Trump Organization once this whole house of cards comes tumbling down. And reader, the competition has been fierce. Earlier this month, we learned that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has spent nearly $1 million flying on either military or private planes when commercial flights would have sufficed, choosing “the most expensive flight options available at every turn, appearing to never even consider flying commercial as his predecessors did.” Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who runs his department like he’s the Queen of England, has also acquired a taste for luxe travel accommodations, blaming Barack Obama for his staff’s inability to produce documents justifying his decision to stay as far away from coach as possible. Recently fired V.A. chief David Shulkin used a made-up award to take his wife on a taxpayer-funded jaunt to Europe (but of course, that’s not the reason he was shown the door). First Son-in-Law Jared Kushner has taken meetings with financial executives, and subsequently scored half a billion dollars in loans for the family business, in which he retains a financial stake“

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03/scott-pruitt-lobbyist-townhouse

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Vanity Fair must be desperate for content; that is some of the crappiest writing I've yet seen from a supposedly prominent rumor rag.

Hijinx

I don't know what flying Nancy Pelosi back and forth to California has cost us, but she spent over $100,000 dollars on booze and food.

This_person

I don't know what flying Nancy Pelosi back and forth to California has cost us, but she spent over $100,000 dollars on booze and food.

While I realize that you are demonstrating Sap's hypocrisy, and doing a perfectly fine job of it, please do realize 2 wrongs do not make a right.

It's a problem treating the pineapple princess the way we taxpayers do, and it's equally obvious to find some of the things Sap points out as wrong.

SamSpade

While I realize that you are demonstrating Sap's hypocrisy, and doing a perfectly fine job of it, please do realize 2 wrongs do not make a right.

It's a problem treating the pineapple princess the way we taxpayers do, and it's equally obvious to find some of the things Sap points out as wrong.

I'm not sure if it's a sneering "see, YOUR guys do it too!" or if it's really a matter of short memory when it comes to wasteful spending of the Obama administration.

I also don't care for the "everybody does it" thing, but it's kind of like, after the brutal treatment of George Bush, everyone was horrified that Obama was insulted -
and the comment was actually made "we NEVER treated George Bush like this".

When Trump leaves - if a Democrat succeeds him - they will repeat this.
They will pretend like they were NICE to Trump, and feign horror that their guy gets insulted.

Hijinx

I agree, but it's a bit frustrating to see the dingleberry attck people only because they are in Trumps Cabinet, when that same numb nuts is totally blind to the sins of the Democrats. Yes I know there is corruption in politics, but it is certainly shared by all politicians, not just one party.

Hijinx

I'm not sure if it's a sneering "see, YOUR guys do it too!" or if it's really a matter of short memory when it comes to wasteful spending of the Obama administration.

I also don't care for the "everybody does it" thing, but it's kind of like, after the brutal treatment of George Bush, everyone was horrified that Obama was insulted -

They will pretend like they were NICE to Trump, and feign horror that their guy gets insulted.

Now Hillary is saying that they never treated a man like they are treating her, and that it is sexist.

https://forums.somd.com/threads/328577-H-Sexists-Want-Me-To-Be-Quiet

To be honest I never saw a man cry so loud and so long about losing.

This_person

It's certainly not "your guys do it too" because that would imply they accept that their guys do it. It's not a matter of "short" memory, because - again - that would imply that they had a problem with Obama's spending (yes, signing what Congress wrote) causing us to borrow more than all previous presidents combined.

No, it is "YOUR guys do it, and we're perfect", because there are no problems with Democrats spending, they resolve that by taxing more.

How many times have I asked TranSap to tell me what his/her answer is in terms of cutting spending. The only answer came from the crickets, not from TranSap.

Well, they are nice to guys like Trump, and McCain, and Romney - during the primaries to make sure the choice is between a stated liberal and a liberal in practice in the general. There was at least one talking-head-show that brought Trump on, gave a list of policy positions and asked him who it was, and Trump proudly said those were his positions. The host laughed and said it was Bernie Sanders' positions.

And, we think we elected a "conservative".

This_person

I agree, but it's a bit frustrating to see the dingleberry attck people only because they are in Trumps Cabinet, when that same numb nuts is totally blind to the sins of the Democrats. Yes I know there is corruption in politics, but it is certainly shared by all politicians, not just one party.

Ok, then we are in 100% agreement. The corruption is the problem, not the party or administration. Sap's position, clearly, is that an administration that took money from taxpayers to buy guns for Mexican drug lords, lied about it, and got American Border Patrol agent killed over it is fine, because it was done by the guy who was in contempt of Congress and NONE of that is any kind of corrupt or bumbling presidential ways, but Trump's guys fly first class and the world is coming to an end.

You see a problem with both, and that's what I was hoping you would say.

Sapidus

Ok, then we are in 100% agreement. The corruption is the problem, not the party or administration. Sap's position, clearly, is that an administration that took money from taxpayers to buy guns for Mexican drug lords, lied about it, and got American Border Patrol agent killed over it is fine, because it was done by the guy who was in contempt of Congress and NONE of that is any kind of corrupt or bumbling presidential ways, but Trump's guys fly first class and the world is coming to an end.

You see a problem with both, and that's what I was hoping you would say.

God you are an idiot with a constant tiny hard on for Obama and Clinton.

Who ran on a platform for draining the swamp then filled his cabinet with the worst swamp creatures we have ever seen?

More of Trump cabinets have ties to the industries they are supposed to be regulating and are abusing their positions but you want to say well 12 years go Bush did sos and so.

What the f is wrong with you?

As I have said dozens of times to deaf ears it is a problem when anyone president or administration does it but it is pointless to worry about what Obama or clinton or Bush did as they are not the president and are not involved in making legislation or spending tax payer money currently.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
God you are an idiot with a constant tiny hard on for Obama and Clinton.

Who ran on a platform for draining the swamp then filled his cabinet with the worst swamp creatures we have ever seen?

More of Trump cabinets have ties to the industries they are supposed to be regulating and are abusing their positions but you want to say well 12 years go Bush did sos and so.

What the f is wrong with you?

As I have said dozens of times to deaf ears it is a problem when anyone president or administration does it but it is pointless to worry about what Obama or clinton or Bush did as they are not the president and are not involved in making legislation or spending tax payer money currently.

I'm going to take these sentence by sentence if you don't mind.

1. Depends on what you're calling the swamp, most of us think of the swamp as the entrenched left wing hacks that are infesting almost every department of the government. These are the ones who've decided that laws aren't being made fast enough for their needs, so they'll get the same effect by "regulating" the behavior they want.

2. These are the people who actually know the industry. I know you'd rather have someone ideologically against the industry, but you lost so you have to put up with the idea that industry is going to govern itself for a while.

3. Probably the same thing that is wrong with most of us, we find you to be a tedious tool with a superiority complex.

4. Most people like to point out that it's not a new thing and your whining about it now is just so much hot air.

Sapidus

I'm going to take these sentence by sentence if you don't mind.

1. Depends on what you're calling the swamp, most of us think of the swamp as the entrenched left wing hacks that are infesting almost every department of the government. These are the ones who've decided that laws aren't being made fast enough for their needs, so they'll get the same effect by "regulating" the behavior they want.

2. These are the people who actually know the industry. I know you'd rather have someone ideologically against the industry, but you lost so you have to put up with the idea that industry is going to govern itself for a while.

3. Probably the same thing that is wrong with most of us, we find you to be a tedious tool with a superiority complex.

4. Most people like to point out that it's not a new thing and your whining about it now is just so much hot air.

So as usual your excuse is its fine because you like the guy in charge.

You don't care if they rip of the tax payer and enrich themselves as long as you feel like its the guys ou like or voted for doing it.

What an idiotic answer

Chris0nllyn

So as usual your excuse is its fine because you like the guy in charge.

You don't care if they rip of the tax payer and enrich themselves as long as you feel like its the guys ou like or voted for doing it.

Dude, where have you been? Look at the recent spending bill. Barely a peep from the fiscal conservatives around here. Why would you think anyone gives a damn?