Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from my happy place!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Only 12 more days!

I'm pretty much packed with what I'm taking to wear, since I wear work clothes during the weekdays and there's pretty much only 3 more weekend days until we leave. I highly doubt our weather will be warm enough to need many of my warmer weather clothes!
    You will need no warm clothing. Bring a light jacket and you'll be good, maybe a sweatshirt if you want to walk on the beach early in the morning. I live in shorts, tank tops, and a swimsuit.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I've been craving Tally-Ho
    I think the real story of Tally-Ho was our waitress or I believe they refer to them as carhops. First off she mentions that her wrist is hurting her and how she almost dropped her grandson. Jamie runs off to get our drinks. Vrai mentions to me that she appears too young to be a grandmother. So doing the math, you figure it's possible for someone to become a granny at the ripe young age of 36-38.

Jamie is back with our liquids and Vrai casually asks her how old she is. She replies 38. She gets our food order and off she goes. After we got our food we are chit chatting and Jamie mentions something that I wasn't really paying attention to until she said the magic words you don't hear everyday. "Since I got out of prison".

And then the floodgates were opened wide. For the next several minutes we got a down and dirty of Jamie's life of crime. Her latest stint was 22 months for drug dealing. Until that time, her longest incarceration was for 6 months. She has 25 arrests and there is a warrant out for her from Texas. Normally random people don't share this sort of intimate details with me, but it isn't such a rare event for Vrai. So is it a male/female thing? Maybe I have an unsympathetic face. Who knows. Just another afternoon in Panama City, FL, I guess.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Normally random people don't share this sort of intimate details with me, but it isn't such a rare event for Vrai.
    Happens all the time. If someone needs to tell their life story, complete with embarrassing or socially unacceptable details that one wouldn't normally tell a random stranger, they will end up sitting next to me at the bar or at the doctor's waiting room or in line for the ladies bathroom.

Jamie seemed like a nice gal so I hope she really is on the path to getting her life together.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    So today I had to run errands - because Ulta is a necessary errand, ya'll - and it started getting cloudy and threatening. To us that means we need to find a waterfront bar and get a drink. So after a couple of attempts where they were closed because of impending tornado - chickens - we ended up at Sister of the Sea - aka Dive Bar - where they're not scared. Drank a few beers and chatted with our bartender Shanna - rhymes with banana - and watched the storm come through.

Their menu is amazing - very unique - so when Bann and FH get here we'll have to take them to dinner,

BUT!

We didn't eat there. Instead we went to Muy Wayne O's (see above). I thought it would be a glorified taco truck, but no. It's a Tex-Mex cantina with displaced Houstonites for owners. Super cute, personality to spare, and the food was ridiculous. We just had tacos and mix, but everything was just like you find in TX holes in the wall - flavorful and fresh. Of course I had a Shiner, because....Texas, right? The chips were light and crispy, and the hot salsa was not playing - that chit lit me up. They also had a smoked jalapeno salsa that was really good and a mild that I didn't try but Monello said was good.

See, these are the finds. Not the schmincy TA and Yelp places, and certainly not the steak houses. It's the holes in the wall off the beaten path that are the stars of pretty much every place we've been. Stop and get a drink somewhere and ask your bartender where you should eat. They'll tell you about places like Muy Wayne O's.
    Last edited by vraiblonde; 04-22-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries

Both places sound fun. Did you see mermaids and pirates?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post

Both places sound fun. Did you see mermaids and pirates?
    Girl, in PCB you are either a mermaid or a pirate. It's so casual and laid back here that you won't ever want to go back. I know you're going to love it here as much as I do.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Wicked Wheel, which is a local restaurant, touts itself as the best fried chicken on the beach. I haven't tried fried chicken anywhere else in PCB, but WW is indeed pretty good. Light crispy crust, meat tender and flavorful. Served with tots, which is always a plus.

It's bike week here - Thunder Beach, to be specific - so there are a ton of bikers here. Mostly older folks on Harleys, Triumphs, and Indians - a few shameful crotch rockets dotted about.

There are biker villages set up all over Front Beach, with vendors and bands, food and beer tents. I've never been to bike week anywhere, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It appears that it's mostly partying and hanging out, with buying stuff as a side activity. They're adults, not a bunch of 20-somethings, so the drunken behavior isn't a problem - no amateur alcoholics, these are professionals, baybee!

PCB caters to them like crazy, with VIP parking in front of most bars and restaurants, and welcoming signs all over the place. It's a highly biker-friendly town anyway, but they really roll out the red carpet for Thunder Beach. So you all biker types who have never come to PCB for this event, put it on your list.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Loved PCB when the ex and I were there.

There was a seafood place we found, don't remember the name, they did a loaded steamer bucket.

Filled with Lobsters, Crab Claws, 1lb Shrimp, 1lb Crayfish, ?? Oysters, ?? Clams, Mussels, Potatoes and Corn on the cob.

Far, far more than the two of us could eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Loved PCB when the ex and I were there.

There was a seafood place we found, don't remember the name, they did a loaded steamer bucket.

Filled with Lobsters, Crab Claws, 1lb Shrimp, 1lb Crayfish, ?? Oysters, ?? Clams, Mussels, Potatoes and Corn on the cob.

Far, far more than the two of us could eat.
    Sounds like a Joe's Crab Shack specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you all biker types who have never come to PCB for this event, put it on your list.
    Old friend of mine lives in PC and is a ship chief engineer; he and his wife are avid Harley riders. Every time I'm down there working with him, he tries to get me to show up for their bike week. Long ride down though...
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Members who have read this thread: 87