Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from my happy place!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    causing the middle hook to embed in my right thumb right near the nail.
    This one wasn't as gory as the time you hooked yourself in Marathon. That one about made me pass out.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post

Blog Entries
    The reason I love PCB so much is the casual, yet not trashy, vibe. Swimwear is almost a uniform, and most restaurants near the beach just ask you to not wear a *wet* swimsuit in their establishment. That may sound trashy, but it comes across as beach party and tiki. Women don't wear a lot of makeup or boof their hair out. Nobody comes here to enjoy fine dining and dressing to the nines.

Naples more caters to the yachting crowd, dahling, and everyone there looks like they just came off a golf course. In middle Keys, it's all about fishing and the attire and demeanor reflect that. PCB kinds of splits the difference. It's just my style and perfectly comfortable for me.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries

PCB as seen from the air

"Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Best batten the hatches for the next few days, be safe.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Best batten the hatches for the next few days, be safe.
    Thanks. Not much we can do but just wait it out. We leave Friday and breaking camp in the rain is 1 of my least favorite things to do. As luck would have it Mobile, our next stop, isn't too far down the road. Once the sun comes out everything will dry up quickly. Even today with it being super cloudy and a few showers, it was still in the low 80s.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Blog Entries
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prays! Be safe out there!

As much as I know you love, love, love PCB - I can't wait to hear all about Mobile. You all are definitely in my maternal grandmother's peeps' territory from PCB west through to NOLA.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Hello Panama City Beach! Have you missed me as much as I've missed you?

This place is crawling with families and young adults - spring breakers - but our little nest is peaceful and serene. Tons of kids running around, of course, but camper kids tend to be well-behaved. Just playing and having fun, not stealing your stuff or screaming obscenities like other kids.

Last night, exhausted from our drive and the complications that arose, we went to dinner at Wicked Wheels. I had a burger without the bun, and Monello had...ready?...chicken tenders. I've never seen him eat a chicken tender in the four years we've been together until last night.

Today is my first of the month, so I'm glued to the computer. Hopefully I can get everything done in a timely manner and go play.
    My son and his wife are in the Air Force at Tyndall and have the exact opposite idea of the place. Once the tourist season dies down it becomes a ghost town, when tourist season is on it prices junior military out of the goodies. A trip to Walmart and back is an hour and a quarter without shopping.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    A trip to Walmart and back is an hour and a quarter without shopping.
    Traffic is indeed a bear when tourists flock. It's not so bad on the eastern side because everybody is doing the stuff on Front Beach and clogging up 98. We had a very slow ride back from Seaside yesterday because of beach traffic.

Which is what we did yesterday - drove to Seaside. When I was there a couple weeks ago I spotted Bud & Alley's pizza joint, with a beach front patio that was so inviting I had to grab Monello and go back. You sit on little cozy little cushioned couches and your table is more of a coffee table. After lunch we walked around and bought cronuts (which is Monello's new favorite pastry). Tons of people, kids playing on the lawn - yes, everyone running around in swimsuits. Seaside is a super cute little town - it's where The Truman Show was filmed. It's a picture perfect beach town.

Last night it freaking POURED. I woke up about 4am to rain beating on the roof of the motorhome, but this morning it's sunny and clear. Mother Nature's little love tap sent a number of the vacationers packing, which always amuses me. It'll rain, and they all scurry away, but if they'd waited a few hours it would be sunny and they could get back to recreating.

Merlin, how are your son and his wife liking Tyndall, other than tourists clogging up the works?
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    I shoulda gone with you all to Seaside. FH didn't enjoy our walkabout when we stopped in on our way to Destin.

Members who have read this thread: 87