Tale of Two Presidents

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Over the past few months we have been treated to lurid details, including long interviews on CNN, about alleged affairs President Trump had long before he took office. Somehow we are meant to be shocked that the thrice married tycoon, known since the 1970s as a raging playboy and who actually appeared on the cover of Playboy, in fact was, get this, sexually involved with many women, some of whom he apparently paid to stay silent about the affairs.

The promo video embedded in the CNN tweet tells the tale of one of President Kennedy’s several dalliances while he was the president. It was an affair with actress Judith Campbell. Campbell became pregnant by the president in 1963 and had an abortion arranged by Sam Giancana, then the boss of the Chicago Mafia, with whom she also had a sexual relationship (although she claimed only after the affair with JFK). To put it mildly, the circumstances of this and other affairs JFK had while commander and chief make anything Trump has done as president look down right demure.

The difference between the treatments of the two presidents by CNN is the result of a few factors. First, the documentary and news divisions at the network likely work separately, the former with perhaps a less obvious political agenda. But also at work here is the merciful cleansing that time gives some of our heroes from the past. In retrospect, Kennedy was a boyish rogue; in 2018 Trump is a cad and a predator.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/03...ordid-affairs-and-neither-will-donald-trumps/

philibusters

I do agree that behavior between JFK and Trump are similar and that the media treats teh behavior differently. For the most part people were pretty mum on Kennedy. There are a few exceptions, for example, Gore Vidal (a leftist) wrote a novel in 1967 based on JFK's life that was not flattering and focused on Kennedy's sexual escapades, but that was not the norm by any means. For Trump the norm is to focus on marital infidelities. I don't think that means Trump should get a fair pass. However I do think JFK got a fair pass he didn't deserve.

Hijinx

I do agree that behavior between JFK and Trump are similar and that the media treats teh behavior differently. For the most part people were pretty mum on Kennedy. There are a few exceptions, for example, Gore Vidal (a leftist) wrote a novel in 1967 based on JFK's life that was not flattering and focused on Kennedy's sexual escapades, but that was not the norm by any means. For Trump the norm is to focus on marital infidelities. I don't think that means Trump should get a fair pass. However I do think JFK got a fair pass he didn't deserve.

Hard to compare Trump and the Kennedy's. Trumps sister serves as a senior judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
She has her whole brain, Trumps father never gave her a lobotomy because she was hot for boys.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hard to compare Trump and the Kennedy's. Trumps sister serves as a senior judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
She has her whole brain, Trumps father never gave her a lobotomy because she was hot for boys.

I didn’t know Trump’s sis was a judge. Learn something every day. Thanks!

Hijinx

I didn’t know Trump’s sis was a judge. Learn something every day. Thanks!

Old Joe gave his daughter a lobotomy for liking boys and in the meantime he was hosing down Gloria Swanson.
What a great and munificent man.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Old Joe gave his daughter a lobotomy for liking boys and in the meantime he was hosing down Gloria Swanson.
What a great and munificent man.

Wow. I was 8 when JFK was assassinated. I didn’t really follow politics, closely, until Obama was elected. Thanks, again, for the info!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This tells us all anyone needs to know about you.

We've all seen this lashing out stage, it's the circling of the bowl just before they go completely whackadoodle. Sorry to see the decline of a once mediocre mind.