Deerfield, Illinois Bans Semi-Automatic Weapons

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The new ordinance takes effect June 13. Residents who still have banned weapons after that date face up to $1,000 fines per day.

The new ordinance was modeled on a ban put in place in Highland Park, Illinois, which went to the United States Supreme Court. The high court let a lower court ruling allowing the ban stand.

"If Highland Park, if Deerfield, if more towns say no to this type of weapon, maybe the state of Illinois says no," said Deerfield Village Manager Kent Street. "Maybe the federal government says no."

Opponents said the ban would make residents less safe, ABC reported.

"You are the bureaucrats that Thomas Jefferson warned us about," said Deerfield resident Dan Cox.

“There were a lot of emotional arguments and not a lot based on fact,” said Daniel Easterday, according to CBS Chicago. “Deerfield is a very crime free community, and I don’t see how this is going to make it any more crime free.”

Village Bans Semi-Automatic Weapons, Residents Must Remove From Home Or Face Up To $1,000 Fines — Per Day

One Of Georgia’s Safest Cities REQUIRES Its Citizens To Own A Gun, But CNN Doesn’t Know Why Crime Is So Low

As for would-be criminals looking for an easy mark, judging by the crime statistics it seems most have bypassed the Georgia town and moved on to easier targets. Even CNN was forced to admit that Kennesaw, populated by 33,000 people, has only had “one murder in the last six years and a violent crime rate of below 2%.”

“But,” writes CNN, “it’s unclear whether that has anything to do with the gun law.”

Kennesaw’s mayor sees it differently.

“If you’re going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you’re the criminal — are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?” asked Mayor Derek Easterling.

“It gives me the ability to protect myself as opposed to being somewhere where you weren’t allowed to have a firearm or it was frowned upon,” said Wayne Arnold, a local resident who is a fan of the law.

With the gun issue being in the spotlight of late, town officials have been getting plenty of attention from all over the world about their law.

Hijinx

The new ordinance takes effect June 13. Residents who still have banned weapons after that date face up to $1,000 fines per day.

The new ordinance was modeled on a ban put in place in Highland Park, Illinois, which went to the United States Supreme Court. The high court let a lower court ruling allowing the ban stand.

"If Highland Park, if Deerfield, if more towns say no to this type of weapon, maybe the state of Illinois says no," said Deerfield Village Manager Kent Street. "Maybe the federal government says no."

Opponents said the ban would make residents less safe, ABC reported.

"You are the bureaucrats that Thomas Jefferson warned us about," said Deerfield resident Dan Cox.

“There were a lot of emotional arguments and not a lot based on fact,” said Daniel Easterday, according to CBS Chicago. “Deerfield is a very crime free community, and I don’t see how this is going to make it any more crime free.”

Village Bans Semi-Automatic Weapons, Residents Must Remove From Home Or Face Up To $1,000 Fines — Per Day

One Of Georgia’s Safest Cities REQUIRES Its Citizens To Own A Gun, But CNN Doesn’t Know Why Crime Is So Low

As for would-be criminals looking for an easy mark, judging by the crime statistics it seems most have bypassed the Georgia town and moved on to easier targets. Even CNN was forced to admit that Kennesaw, populated by 33,000 people, has only had “one murder in the last six years and a violent crime rate of below 2%.”

“But,” writes CNN, “it’s unclear whether that has anything to do with the gun law.”

Kennesaw’s mayor sees it differently.

“If you’re going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you’re the criminal — are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?” asked Mayor Derek Easterling.

“It gives me the ability to protect myself as opposed to being somewhere where you weren’t allowed to have a firearm or it was frowned upon,” said Wayne Arnold, a local resident who is a fan of the law.

With the gun issue being in the spotlight of late, town officials have been getting plenty of attention from all over the world about their law.

I don';t see how some piss assed little town can over rule the Constitution of the United States.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Hello?

Hijinx

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Hello?

According to the article, The Supreme Court allowed it.
I think it's BS, but there it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe that you are wrong here, The State of Illinois has no Right to Bear Arms in it's State Constitution. It's been to court a few times already.

Let me repeat:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

black dog

Free America
Let me repeat:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

Believe me, I've been fighting the fight for 40+ years. I don't recall you talking about showing up in Annapolis and speak your mind for 3 minutes over the years...
I don't believe I have seen you post on MdShooters forums either.
But with many city's across this land, this has been to court many times and the laws still stand. Just look at what was happened in Maryland since 1968-69.. All hoops, loops extra paperwork, The Voluntary Registration ( which is Mandatory ) The waiting period up to banning 80+ firearms to the Handgun Card.. All of which have stood after being through the courts..
It's easy to talk about what's right and what the Documents say, it's different to write a check and take days off from work or shut your business down to go to a rally.
I grew weary of the fight and packed up and moved to where we don't have these problems. Out here we are fighting for Constitutionial Carry, we will get it eventually.
Are you a life member with the NRA or a member of any pro gun organization?
You are a gun owner, get involved.

Starman

Believe me, I've been fighting the fight for 40+ years. I don't recall you talking about showing up in Annapolis and speak your mind for 3 minutes over the years...
I don't believe I have seen you post on MdShooters forums either.
But with many city's across this land, this has been to court many times and the laws still stand. Just look at what was happened in Maryland since 1968-69.. All hoops, loops extra paperwork, The Voluntary Registration ( which is Mandatory ) The waiting period up to banning 80+ firearms to the Handgun Card.. All of which have stood after being through the courts..
It's easy to talk about what's right and what the Documents say, it's different to write a check and take days off from work or shut your business down to go to a rally.
I grew weary of the fight and packed up and moved to where we don't have these problems. Out here we are fighting for Constitutionial Carry, we will get it eventually.
Are you a life member with the NRA or a member of any pro gun organization?
You are a gun owner, get involved.

I don't support the NRA and will not give them one thin dime because they have lobbied for gun control.

The only way to legally keep a gun out of a free man's hands is to make him not a free man, i.e., lock him in a cage. If he's not dangerous enough to keep away from society for life, then he's not dangerous enough *not* to be able to arm himself just like any other free man.

black dog

Free America
I don't support the NRA and will not give them one thin dime because they have lobbied for gun control.

I've been a life member since I was a kid, my grandfather did it for me as a gift.
I would still be a member because I shoot many different disciplines.
And with what I shoot, so much of it would not happen without the NRA.
Without the NRA so much of the shooting sports and different venues, schools, matches, Eddie Eagle and many more things would disappear very quickly.
I too was not happy with some of the decisions that LaPierre was making 20 years ago myself. But I understand that without them we truly would be ####ed.
And much of the shooting that I enjoy would be gone.

littlelady

God bless the USA

The only way to legally keep a gun out of a free man's hands is to make him not a free man, i.e., lock him in a cage. If he's not dangerous enough to keep away from society for life, then he's not dangerous enough *not* to be able to arm himself just like any other free man.

Exactly. It doesn’t really matter what goes on. US law abiding citizens will not give up their guns, willingly. My hub pointed out tonight about the military oath...the ‘domestic’ part is interesting, indeed.

Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

black dog

Free America
Here's some help, First there are many different oaths that can be taken to serve in the USA.

Here's a picture of my son taking his Oath to the Federal Government, notice the young black man next to him that's not holding up his right hand??
That's because he's waiting to take a different Oath...

IMG_20171010_1512131.jpg

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Good grief, dog, give it a rest. You have posted that pic how many times, now? Maybe, the black kid was nervous or something, and did they question him as to why he didn’t hold up his right hand? I hope no member ever calls me racist, again. What are you trying to say, exactly? Did your son comment to you that he found out that black kid was a fraud, infiltrator, or something?

Last edited: