Margaret Brent School Out of Control?

OldHillcrestGuy

Would love to hear from others about all the bullying that takes place here. The administration here seems to want to brush everything under the rug. I have heard numerous complaints from family and friends who have kids there who have had problems. I also understand (from very reliable sources LEO's) there are a couple of kids that should be in a juvenile facility that are allowed to attend school there.
Had a grandson attend there about 5 years ago who had one incident there, but had no other problems and went on to Chopticon, with no problems. Has the top administration at MB changed since then and the principal has no control of the school? Heard they have also of alot of teachers leaving.

black dog

Free America
Would love to hear from others about all the bullying that takes place here. The administration here seems to want to brush everything under the rug. I have heard numerous complaints from family and friends who have kids there who have had problems. I also understand (from very reliable sources LEO's) there are a couple of kids that should be in a juvenile facility that are allowed to attend school there.
Had a grandson attend there about 5 years ago who had one incident there, but had no other problems and went on to Chopticon, with no problems. Has the top administration at MB changed since then and the principal has no control of the school? Heard they have also of alot of teachers leaving.

Mine didn't have any problems there, his were at Dent. And brush they did. I documented everything..
I've said it here for years, Steve Tolsons Okinawan Karate in Charlotte Hall.
Money well spent. After being bullied for an extended amount of time my son finally took care of business.. Other than a few stare downs at Chopticon, He never had anymore problems with bullies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting that in the last few years there's been a focus on bullying and all kinds of attention in trying to stop it....and yet it's actually getting worse.

Why aren't these schools practicing what they preach?

Clem72

It's interesting that in the last few years there's been a focus on bullying and all kinds of attention in trying to stop it....and yet it's actually getting worse.

What makes you think it's getting worse? Maybe cyber bullying, but I feel like real physical intimidation/bullying is much less an issue now (but gets blown way more out of proportion by todays parents).

When I was in grade school fights often weren't even enough to get you suspended from school. Usually the gym or shop teacher broke it up, hauled you by the scruff of your neck up to the principals office, and then you waited for the principal to paddle your ass (maybe that was more middle school).

Today it's bullying if you get jossled in the hallway and drop your book bag.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Money and quotas?

black dog

Free America
What makes you think it's getting worse? Maybe cyber bullying, but I feel like real physical intimidation/bullying is much less an issue now (but gets blown way more out of proportion by todays parents).

When I was in grade school fights often weren't even enough to get you suspended from school. Usually the gym or shop teacher broke it up, hauled you by the scruff of your neck up to the principals office, and then you waited for the principal to paddle your ass (maybe that was more middle school).

So, what would you call it if you were pushed across the isle and knocked down to the floor in the grocery store on a daily basis their Clem. Bullying or Assault?

Clem72

So, what would you call it if you were pushed across the isle and knocked down to the floor in the grocery store on a daily basis their Clem. Bullying or Assault?

I thought you straightened your kid out already. Is he still doing that to old folks in at the store?

glhs837

Power with Control

You seem to be confusing two things. Getting into a fight with another person isnt bullying. Getting beaten on repeatedly and harrased between the beatings, thats bullying. Or groups of kids picking on one verbally incessantly combined with other harrassment, pushing, shoving. If I bump into you, thats not bullying, if I do it everyday to the point where you change your behavior to avoid me, thats bullying. As to why it's getting worse, I suspect it's not all just a case of more visibility, although thats a factor. Social media acts like a magnifying glass for social attention, letting bulllies, and thier quiet supporters hype things to another level, I think.

My daughter is such a nice kid that she never had any issues, always got along with everybody. And my son has always been enough larger than his peers that nobody ever messed with him. But I know it happens, and while maybe the frequency hasnt increased, I tihink it's a safe bet that the intensity has cranked up, if not pysically, emotionally for sure.

Clem72

Obviously that doesn't count as just bullying, or a normal "fight". 2 on 1, a dozen punches after the kid is on the ground and then multiple stomps on the head. 6 months is a joke (will he be out in 2 for good behavior)?

black dog said:

I would probably call that assault. Not sure how that pertains to my post, as I was just saying I feel like actual bullying is if anything less now, not more. And then I made a statement about how over protective parents are quicker to accuse people of bullying when in reality it may just be a mutual disagreement or general roudyness.

I never stated there was no bullying now, and never made a statement that would match your theoretical. Just providing a counter opinion to Vrai who seems to think this is a worsening problem.

And your opinions on bullying should be taken with a grain of salt, since I seem to remember from days gone that you have offered on this very board to send your son out to assault other people. Thats why I continually refer to him in that context.,

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Removed my son from Spring Ridge back about 10 years due to the tolerance there for persistent and pervasive bullying. I've read plenty since that convinces me it's no better now.

black dog

Free America
Obviously that doesn't count as just bullying, or a normal "fight". 2 on 1, a dozen punches after the kid is on the ground and then multiple stomps on the head. 6 months is a joke (will he be out in 2 for good behavior)?

I would probably call that assault. Not sure how that pertains to my post, as I was just saying I feel like actual bullying is if anything less now, not more. And then I made a statement about how over protective parents are quicker to accuse people of bullying when in reality it may just be a mutual disagreement or general roudyness.

I never stated there was no bullying now, and never made a statement that would match your theoretical. Just providing a counter opinion to Vrai who seems to think this is a worsening problem.

And your opinions on bullying should be taken with a grain of salt, since I seem to remember from days gone that you have offered on this very board to send your son out to assault other people. Thats why I continually refer to him in that context.,

I believe you are confused..
See if you can quote me saying I would send my son out to assault others.. I'll wait.

Clem72

I believe you are confused..
See if you can quote me saying I would send my son out to assault others.. I'll wait.

I would love to, just as soon as someone fixes the search function here. I can literally search for all posts with author Clem72 and get a grand total of 9 results. And find latest posts doesn't go back far enough.

black dog

Free America
I would love to, just as soon as someone fixes the search function here. I can literally search for all posts with author Clem72 and get a grand total of 9 results. And find latest posts doesn't go back far enough.

I'll tell you this Clem, another member a few years ago kept busting my balls and making stupid jokes about me sending my kid to do my fights for me.. And it grew old.
Nothing of the sort of what you posted ever came out of my mouth nor did I post that.
Those that know me here, know quite well that I am capable enough to handle myself and don't need a adolescent then or now to handle my problems.

My father and the Marines gave me the tools to handle myself, I sent my son to Steve Tolsons along with a heavy bag in the shop to give him the tools to handle bully's and the a$$holes you meet in life.. I handle my sh!t and he handles his.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

You didn't bring enough for everyone..

f8118e838b3a19cef68ca3ee1523c844--great-memes--memes.jpg

Midnightrider

Removed my son from Spring Ridge back about 10 years due to the tolerance there for persistent and pervasive bullying. I've read plenty since that convinces me it's no better now.

That explains a lot

I'll tell you this Clem, another member a few years ago kept busting my balls and making stupid jokes about me sending my kid to do my fights for me.. And it grew old.
Nothing of the sort of what you posted ever came out of my mouth nor did I post that.
Those that know me here, know quite well that I am capable enough to handle myself and don't need a adolescent then or now to handle my problems.

My father and the Marines gave me the tools to handle myself, I sent my son to Steve Tolsons along with a heavy bag in the shop to give him the tools to handle bully's and the a$$holes you meet in life.. I handle my sh!t and he handles his.

That’s a very unique claim for two people to make about you years a part.

Where do you think those claims come from?