Left Lane Slow Pokes.....

awpitt

Main Streeter
Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know my guy was mentioning this the other day, I think they ticket for this in MASS.

They ticket for it in TX, too.

It's amazing how many oblivions ignore basic driver courtesy, even if it's not a law. And many times it seems that they're not just being jerks, but they are genuinely oblivious and their mind is wandering. Just toodling along....la la la la....don't stop...believin'....

GET THE #### OVER, BITCH! :burning:lol

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Illinois also has a law that the left lane is for passing, not travel, on the limited access highways such as interstates.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That would be an interesting one to take to court.

Would the court fine you for obeying the speed limit while fining others for breaking it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They ticket for it in TX, too.

It's amazing how many oblivions ignore basic driver courtesy, even if it's not a law. And many times it seems that they're not just being jerks, but they are genuinely oblivious and their mind is wandering. Just toodling along....la la la la....don't stop...believin'....

GET THE #### OVER, BITCH! :burning:lol
EVERYDAY!
Illinois also has a law that the left lane is for passing, not travel, on the limited access highways such as interstates.

Kinda like the Autobahn. Make way for the meatwagon!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Would the court fine you for obeying the speed limit while fining others for breaking it?

In TX they don't call it the "fast" lane - they call it the "passing" lane. If you are not passing, get yer ass over or get a ticket.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe for something like impeding the flow of traffic.

OK. If you do 55 in a 55 and they ticket you, judge says "Impeding traffic" he is saying in essence "the driver doing 60, 65 or 70 was impeded" so any tickets for doing so should be void.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In TX they don't call it the "fast" lane - they call it the "passing" lane. If you are not passing, get yer ass over or get a ticket.

I run 45 in the left lane just in case I see an old car I want to go back and take a look at. :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
OK. If you do 55 in a 55 and they ticket you, judge says "Impeding traffic" he is saying in essence "the driver doing 60, 65 or 70 was impeded" so any tickets for doing so should be void.

Don't me wrong. I was just guessing. If someone is doing 55 in a 55 they shouldn't have to fear getting a ticket, unless they're in the left lane in a state that designates the left lane as being for passing only.

BernieP

Resident PIA

and how fast do you think the gavel would come down and you would be held in contempt of court?
If you think you can beat a ticket based on science, think again.
If that's not going to work, do you think challenging the "judge" to a game of semantics will win you a prize.?

Popster

I remember in the 70's in California that you could get fined if you piled up a few cars behind you in the flast lane. I would like to see that here- 2 cars then get out of the way!

black dog

Free America

ASSOCIATED PRESS | @AP
12:03 pm EDT May 26, 2015
Motorists obeying the speed limit in the left lanes of highways soon will be required to move over to allow faster vehicles to pass them or risk a $500 fine under a new Indiana law.

The law signed by Gov. Mike Pence earlier this month and taking effect July 1 gives faster drivers the right of way in so-called highway fast lanes and permits police to issue tickets to left-lane drivers who fail to budge when they should reasonably know another vehicle is overtaking them, The (Munster) Times reported.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may...

It's about time. Sad that it requires a law to make people drive safely but there it is.

Yup. It is how they operate in Germany on the autobahns. Of course, they really know how to drive over there. Much longer driving schools and stricter laws.