Glue down or snap together?

What do you think?

Why do you go glue down?

Why did you go snap together?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had vinyl flooring in my kitchen and everyone thought it was bamboo. They're doing wonderful things with vinyl flooring these days. Which doesn't answer any of your questions, I just wanted to throw that in there.

Not sure exactly what you're looking for. Kitchen? Living room? Squares?

I got vinyl flooring for my kitchen. It's vinyl over fiberglass over cork and looks like real wood, but it soft underfoot with no hollow sound like you get from most tiles or laminates. Came in (roughly) 6" x 4' panels, interlocking. The cork/fiberglass makes it better for imperfect floors.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We got the Lowe's brand LVT planks for all our bathrooms. Placed it right on top of the linoleum sheet that was previously installed by builders. We didn't have to glue our 3rd floor bathrooms, but our powder room on the 2nd floor needs a readjustment. A couple of the tiles just need a little re-heating/glue to stick a little better. Honestly, we kind of hurried that room and didn't let the tiles acclimate to the room, etc. We'll get to fixing it when we install baseboard trim throughout the 2nd floor when we finish ALL flooring. We're about to put the engineered vinyl planks in the LR. We just finished those in the kitchen and that stuff is also fantastic.

LVT was sooo so simple to install (snap together, mostly) and it feels amazing. It's held up to a lot of water too.

Chris0nllyn

Who has it in your home?

Glue down or snap together?

What do you think?

Why do you go glue down?

Why did you go snap together?

I do.
Neither. They are floating and glue/press together.
Love it.
N/A
N/A

I did vinyl planks in one of my guest bathrooms for the waterproof/resistant properties of vinyl without the traditionally old look of vinyl. It was incredibly easy to install (and just as easy to replace a plank if it gets damaged some how. I've had it in for almost 3 years now and it still looks as good as new.

Here's what I used (I'm pretty sure anyway): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traffic...-Plank-Flooring-24-sq-ft-case-33114/100594661

SandieGarry

We have it in the kitchen, done in 2013, and a home office, done in 2016. For both projects, we used Adura by Mannington. We did the work ourselves and love it. Our goal is to do the entire house. We chose the glue down version but it is kind of misleading. While it is glued down, it is considered a floating floor because it is glued to a substrate that is not glued down hence the floating name. So far, neither has given us any issues and we are highly satisfied.