Roof and siding repair person

Idunno

In search of a roof and siding repair person for our damaged shed. Above our DIY paygrade, but willing to assist. Need estimates. The shed is still solid, needs some shingles and siding replaced. We have called a few people that we have found online or via friends, with only one response. That estimate was so high it would have been cheaper to buy and install a new shed. It is not the Taj Mahal, just a tool shed!

Thanks!

Freefaller

Most contractors are probably not interested in a small job like yours. If you get someone to come out and quote a price , they're going to give you what is known as a go-away price. It will be so high that you'll probably just go away, if not, then they'll make a lot of money and it might then be worth it to do your small job. That's just the way it is. You'll probably need to find someone who will do it on the side. Good luck!

Idunno

On the side is fine, or a handy person. It just isn't something we want to tackle without someone that knows more about this stuff than we do. We can make the supply purchase and do a good portion of the labor, but we need some guidance on it. If anyone knows of such a person (an Uncle Bob, Dad or grandpa even) that is willing to get paid for their expertise and assistance let us know how to contact them.

OldHillcrestGuy

If your in the Mechanicsville, Charlotte Hall area check with a few of the Amish places. About 4 years ago I went around to a few places asking if anyone came out to your house and would do work. I found a guy on Woodburn Hill Rd. (young guy) who said he would come out and give me a estimate, came real early one morning when someone was driving him up the road to do a job. I wanted to put a metal roof on my shed, about 24x12, its a amish shed with barn type roof with a add on. He guy me a really good quote and he got the job. He and his brother did the work, it was the middle of January and cold as h*ll.
Interesting part I did help him out with getting here and picking up the metal roofing from the place off Ryceville Rd. I also left a 16x8 flat trailer my son had at his place overnight so he could load up his things he needed, and went the next morning and got the trailer and picked him up and then his brother and brought them to my house.
Might be kind of a hard time of the year with spring coming to get them away from their business. His name is Andy and if you go back on Woodburn Hill he is probably about 2 miles back on the right has lots of sheds out front. I think there is 2 sheds places back there, I believe his is the first one, just cant think of his name.
I also several years ago had another Amish/ Menonite group come out and put siding on another of my sheds, these guys were located off of Dr Johnson Rd. just about where the swamp and creek are, they are way back there on the left.