Britain’s Knife Control Is A Bad, Real-Life Parody Of Gun Control

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
To look at the actual causes of crime, you would have to look at human causes, at changes in the culture and in public policy. To borrow another pro-gun cliché that turns out to be true: guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Take away their guns and they will do it with knives.

But what happens when people resolutely refuse to learn from this experiment? They will continue to follow their examined assumptions to the point of absurdity—and beyond. As we should all know by now, there is no limit to self-parody. Once you cross the Poe Horizon, there is no logical stopping point. So along comes this follow-up.

Dr. John Crichton, the new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland, wants the sale of pointed kitchen knives to be banned to help reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

He first suggested the move three years ago, but his proposal did not win enough support from policy-makers. Since then dozens of people, including schoolchildren, have lost their lives as a result of attacks involving bladed instruments.

Dr. Crichton, who took on the role of chairman in June this year, is championing a switch to so-called ‘R’-bladed knives, which have rounded points and are far less effective as weapons…. ‘We are very quick to be critical of our American cousins and the prevalence of guns but this is an issue which doesn’t even occur to us.’

Britain’s Knife Control Is A Bad, Real-Life Parody Of Gun Control

that's it Ban Pointy Assault Knives ... pointy knives are 'military style knives' and are only for killing as many as quickly as possible

glhs837

Power with Control
I suppose the next step is Grinder Control, since of course, those could be used to turn the R-Bladed knives back into pointy ones. Followed by covering every rock and piece of stone with a hard poly coating to prevent those from being used to shape points..........

SamSpade

I still can't believe this is a real thing.
I remember when people suggested THIS - to indicate how stupid gun control was.
Now it's happening.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I still can't believe this is a real thing.
I remember when people suggested THIS - to indicate how stupid gun control was.
Now it's happening.
Never underestimate the ability of the left to take a humorous cautionary tale and make policy.

We just experienced the end of eight years of “Idiocracy!”

SamSpade

Never underestimate the ability of the left to take a humorous cautionary tale and make policy.

We just experienced the end of eight years of “Idiocracy!”

Do you remember the "Green Police" commercial for the Super Bowl some years back?
We all laughed - how hysterical it was that a government would raid your trash to make you comply with "green" laws.

How long was it before cities began implementing checks on people to see if they were recycling or being sustainable?
How long was it before - the commercial was no longer a satire?

This is what gets me about this story - that they are actually trying to ban "assault knives" to stop knife attacks.
This is akin to making MORE laws against murder, because somehow the existence of a law makes you safer.
We used to say, will they ban KNIVES once guns are outlawed?

And here we are.

They use "common sense" as an adjective on so many ideas, because somehow they believe it lends credibility to their cause.
But it doesn't work.
You can't disarm criminals by trying to disarm everyone.
It just makes "everyone" easier to attack.

Hijinx

Do you remember the "Green Police" commercial for the Super Bowl some years back?
We all laughed - how hysterical it was that a government would raid your trash to make you comply with "green" laws.

How long was it before cities began implementing checks on people to see if they were recycling or being sustainable?
How long was it before - the commercial was no longer a satire?

This is what gets me about this story - that they are actually trying to ban "assault knives" to stop knife attacks.
This is akin to making MORE laws against murder, because somehow the existence of a law makes you safer.
We used to say, will they ban KNIVES once guns are outlawed?

And here we are.

They use "common sense" as an adjective on so many ideas, because somehow they believe it lends credibility to their cause.
But it doesn't work.
You can't disarm criminals by trying to disarm everyone.
It just makes "everyone" easier to attack.

I guess Ice picks are out of the question killer objects.

gemma_rae

I'm glad I watched "Lock Up" on MSNBC. They taught me how to make a shank out of a tooth brush, and line it with razor blades for maximum internal organ damage! Yay!:yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm glad I watched "Lock Up" on MSNBC. They taught me how to make a shank out of a tooth brush, and line it with razor blades for maximum internal organ damage! Yay!:yay:

Shouldn't that have been an episode of "How Things Are Made?"

MiddleGround

I guess 'Forged in Fire' will be censored from broadcasts. Don't want any how-to videos going out on the networks :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

and for a reminder of Heath Care

BOP

Dr. Crichton, who took on the role of chairman in June this year, is championing a switch to so-called ‘R’-bladed knives, which have rounded points and are far less effective as weapons…. ‘We are very quick to be critical of our American cousins and the prevalence of guns but this is an issue which doesn’t even occur to us.’

That's because they refused to listen to those of us who told anyone who would listen that this would be the natural result of banning guns.

Hijinx

That's because they refused to listen to those of us who told anyone who would listen that this would be the natural result of banning guns.

Next it will be letter openers.