Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelves

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included.

In addition to the decision on pulling assault-style rifles from its 35 specialty Field & Stream locations, the sporting goods chain said in February that it also would no longer sell high capacity magazines or sell firearms to anyone under 21 years old following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Dick’s is facing two lawsuits over the new age limit on firearm purchases.

This is not the first time that the sporting goods retailer has changed its gun sale policies.

Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelves

black dog

Free America
How ironic it is to chop up the receivers but they are going to sell the parts off to be recycled.Im betting Numrich Gun Parts will be doing the recycling, so they can be resold and used in other folks evil so called assault rifles.
So basically we are willing to loose money to make a stupid point,,,,,,, But only a certain amount of money. And be huge hypocrites at the same time.

Hijinx

All they had to do was keep their mouths shut and stop selling the weapons.
Sell what they had and not order any more.

But they wanted to make a statement.
They wanted people to know their view.
They wanted to be known as do-gooder ass--holes.

So they made their statement and now they run off a bunch of customers and destroy valuable merchandise.
Pretty dumb, IMO.

limblips

PREMO Member
Any wagers on how much longer they stay in business?

Don't know if they will go out of business but I know one customer that they lost. I used to spend a goodly amount there. They effectively told me they don't need my money who am I to argue?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

There definitely on their way out, following sports authority to ruin.

In all fairness it's not really much of a loss. I don't know anybody in the gun groups, fisherman or hunters that really spent much money there in the first place.

At least the folks I know tended to spend their money at Cabela's, basspro and green top.

limblips

PREMO Member
There definitely on their way out, following sports authority to ruin.

At least the folks I know tended to spend their money at Cabela's, basspro and green top.

Saved myself some serious green buying my crossbow at Green Top. Over $150 better than any price I could find online or brick and mortar.

black dog

Free America

Hopefully they file bankruptcy next week, they haven't gotten any money from my family since the bruhaha a few years back. And unless your looking for camo clothes a tree stand or shotgun shells they don't have much for the hunter, shooter.
Unless you want to listen to the know-it-all behind the gun counter.

MR47930

Did anyone ever actually buy a weapon from Dick's? I've bought ammo from them but only on occasion and never even thought to buy a weapon from them. Wally World has cheaper ammo and a some of the same shotguns and such at a lower cost. Anything higher caliber/better quality i'd go to a shop before I went to Dicks. Better service and usually a better price.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Unless you want to listen to the know-it-all behind the gun counter.

Gotta love the 22yo experts they hire. :yay:

Did anyone ever actually buy a weapon from Dick's? I've bought ammo from them but only on occasion and never even thought to buy a weapon from them. Wally World has cheaper ammo and a some of the same shotguns and such at a lower cost. Anything higher caliber/better quality i'd go to a shop before I went to Dicks. Better service and usually a better price.

Always better off at the LGS.

black dog

Free America

I have bought a handful of there double treestands 10 years ago and other than my son buying a few airsoft toys from them when he was little. Not much at all.