Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafe des Artistes is going to be Dos Amigos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    "all that time spent" happened to be as long as 44 years ago, child. I lived in El Salvador in the mid 1970s for a while. Have not been back to Mexico working since about 1990.

When I stop in and Pepe says "I got something you need to try", I try it. I have not had to pay for a meal there in years. ;-)
    You're so cool.

Is what you try fancy, or typical tex-mex?
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Blog Entries
    "all that time spent" happened to be as long as 44 years ago, child. I lived in El Salvador in the mid 1970s for a while. Have not been back to Mexico working since about 1990.

When I stop in and Pepe says "I got something you need to try", I try it. I have not had to pay for a meal there in years. ;-)
    Who cares? Gimme food! Describe what you ate.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

WHAT???

What kind of person doesn't love Mexican food???

I don't know what to say.....

Mexican took a LONG time to grow on me. I used to hate it. Easily all the way up to age 30.
    Mostly because all the corn, beans and stuff irritated my stomach.
    And that's saying a lot, since I often ate spicy Indian food.

Now - I can say it's just ok. I won't object if my family votes Mexican,
    but it is never going to be my first choice.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Anyone that has been to anywhere in Central or South America, went to a "fancy" restaurant, and was served what we know as 'Mexican Food' here.. I have a news flash..

You were definitely NOT in a fancy restaurant

Caviar infused black beans.... Fansy!

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    I just can't love Mexican food.
    Most of the mexican food you get in the US is what a construction worker in mexico would stick in his lunchbox. Yes, it's mexican, but it only represents a small slice of what the country has to offer. It's like judging 'american cuisine' after you have been to Burger King and KFC.

In our 4 star hotel in Guayaquil, Ecuador, dining outdoors, the staff would grill all sorts of meats. The idea was to grab a plate and load up on whatever sides you like, and the waiters would wander around with with the meats on, basically swords. They would plunk the point down on your plate, you point, and they start carving until you say "Halto!" Grilled steaks, pork, chicken, sausage, all very good, if a bit unnerving.
    Last edited by edinsomd; 04-23-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Which part of "...shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edinsomd View Post
    In our 4 star hotel in Guayaquil, Ecuador, dining outdoors, the staff would grill all sorts of meats. The idea was to grab a plate and load up on whatever sides you like, and the waiters would wander around with with the meats on, basically swords. They would plunk the point down on your plate, you point, and they start carving until you say "Halto!" Grilled steaks, pork, chicken, sausage, all very good, if a bit unnerving.
    So like Fogo de Chao? I love those places!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

So like Fogo de Chao? I love those places!
    Can't say about FdC, never been there. I did discover chimichurri sauce there, and it's been a staple every steak night at La Casa de edinsomd ever since.
    Which part of "...shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

It's being set up by the Monterey group (that owns Plaza Azteca) but the plan is to put out a fancier array of food than the typical Mex-Tex joint that we have so many of around the county.
    you don't realize what crap they throw on the plate until you go to a really good place.

I could not tell the difference between the various slop houses around here. Menus all look the same (dishes), all come with bland rice and tasteless bean paste.

Next time you are up by the Capital One Arena go to Rosa Mexicano. It's not cheap like the places around here, but OMG, the food is fantastic, presentation, flavor, cooked in authentic style of several regions of Mexico
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 167