Cafe des Artistes is going to be Dos Amigos.

tuffenuff2

Drove past the old Cafe des Artistes today and saw a sign in the window saying" Dos Amigos, opening soon. "

luvmygdaughters

:yawn: I know right, I posted about this a couple of months ago...another mexican joint. Why cant we get a decent italian restaurant>>>>

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Great another wanna be Mexican joint....give me a break.

It's being set up by the Monterey group (that owns Plaza Azteca) but the plan is to put out a fancier array of food than the typical Mex-Tex joint that we have so many of around the county.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They better have a different menu selection because Salsa's is just around the corner (figuratively speaking).

Thanks!

You must go and let me know what fansy Mexican is like. I'm all about the taco truck and eating it on the curb with a margarita in a Solo cup.

Actually, that sounds pretty good.

Doc has me on strict bedrest, so I'll get there when I can get up and out again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fancy Mexican?

Yep. Pepe has impressed the heck out of me with some of the dishes they plan to put out there..I've been lucky to be one of his trial mules........nothing like the usual Mex fare. I hope they stick to that plan and don't cheap out...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep. Pepe has impressed the heck out of me with some of the dishes they plan to put out there..I've been lucky to be one of his trial mules........nothing like the usual Mex fare. I hope they stick to that plan and don't cheap out...

Give me an example.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Pepé_Le_Pew.svg.jpg

:confused:

Potomac

I really hope this place does well. It would be great to have better Mexican food in the area, and I would dearly love to sit on the square and enjoy a good margarita

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Give me an example.

I will. Seriously. He's brought out some of his excellent dishes on a trial basis when I've been to Azteca. Full Disclosure: One of my engineering techs does repairs on all restaurant cooking and refrigeration equipment on the side..including all of the Monterey franchises. So I get some inside taste testing benies...and they've got it going on!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Supposed to be open by Friday and part of the Town of Leonardtown Bar Crawl.

Was in Leonardtown last night and the restaurant is not open yet. The paper is down from the windows so I could see they have a ways to go before they will be ready to open.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How bout "Fancy Mexican"?...

Working and living south of our borders, I've been to some amazing restaurants. If they bring it well...it will be worth the visit.

Like the food I've eaten in Shenzhen, Guanzhou, Shanghai, etc..makes the crap we get here look like poo.