Spring turkey season.......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Anyone have any luck this morning?

Nothing for me......saw one crossing a trail while going to pick up another hunter.......

Chris0nllyn

Buddy had a few gobbling all morning around him. He heard 4 shots close-by, but nothing came by.

I'm all set for Sat. morning.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ready.

I made a trail of corn from the woodline to my Turkey fryer on the back deck.

black dog

Free America
Ready.

I made a trail of corn from the woodline to my Turkey fryer on the back deck.

I mean really, it's not that hard.. A back porch.. A good food plot, and a 17 centerfire..
When they annoy you, crack.... In the pot.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I mean really, it's not that hard.. A back porch.. A good food plot, and a 17 centerfire..
When they annoy you, crack.... In the pot.
City ordinance says no gunfire.

if I build it, they will come.

Bonehead

A little off topic but holy crap there is a lot of automatic weapons fire going on at the Seafarers range this morning. Anyone else within hearing distance ?

stgislander

PREMO Member
A little off topic but holy crap there is a lot of automatic weapons fire going on at the Seafarers range this morning. Anyone else within hearing distance ?

I think Johnny Law has been using it this week. I've passed more than the usual amount of police vehicles on 249. Yesterday afternoon I passed something that looked like Black Betty on SWAT. All black with zero markings.

black dog

Free America
Besides baiting being illegal and the requirement to use a shotgun in the spring, yea. :lol:

Humor aside, I use a bow for spring and fall turkey at my place. it's about the only serious hunting I do anymore. And if you know anyone that lives between golden beach and Della brook La there are multiple flocks in those woods. All of it under hunted for turkey for decades.

glhs837

Power with Control

I think Johnny Law has been using it this week. I've passed more than the usual amount of police vehicles on 249. Yesterday afternoon I passed something that looked like Black Betty on SWAT. All black with zero markings.

Well, had to go somewhere after putting a bullet into that house in Wildwood a few years back.

and I see turkeys crossing the private road a few times a week, Last time it happened, I hopped out hoping to catch a pic to tease a relative with, but the darn bird stayed about 10 feet inside the woodline paralelling me for about 75 feet. Wife was good at humoring me while I left her in the truck while I stalked the bird :)

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Well, had to go somewhere after putting a bullet into that house in Wildwood a few years back.

and I see turkeys crossing the private road a few times a week, Last time it happened, I hopped out hoping to catch a pic to tease a relative with, but the darn bird stayed about 10 feet inside the woodline paralelling me for about 75 feet. Wife was good at humoring me while I left her in the truck while I stalked the bird :)

Hopefully you were pointing your finger at the bird saying quietly, bang bang bang bang

Chris0nllyn

Anyone go out over the weekend? Any luck?

I had a tom walk up from behind me. Maybe 10 yards. He ended up walking around the downed tree I was leaned against, 30 yds away, through the woods. I was turned too far the other direction and if I would have turned to shoot, he'd have seen me for sure.

Not a bad opening day, but no bird.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Great Morning!

Attachments

• 0C29BDFC-8CB4-4BE1-A070-0A67665202AE.jpg
    0C29BDFC-8CB4-4BE1-A070-0A67665202AE.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 216