Got a new C*ck today!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Rott-N-Cop got a new one!! :banana: He's not as pretty yet as Elam was *RIP Elam - that stupid dog*....but EJ'll grow. (Elam Junior)
He got me 25 new little biddies today too!
Dey is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
happyappygirl said:
Rott-N-Cop got a new one!! :banana: He's not as pretty yet as Elam was *RIP Elam - that stupid dog*....but EJ'll grow. (Elam Junior)
Pics?

K

Kizzy

This thread is no good without pictures. :mad:

:howdy: happy hope all is well. :razz:

Now come back with pictures. :mad:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
IM4Change said:
This thread is no good without pictures. :mad:

:howdy: happy hope all is well. :razz:

Now come back with pictures. :mad:

Rott-N-Cop is home and I'm STUCK at the wrong end of this d*mn commute. :tantrum

Will post pix tonight. PROMISE. I just had to share early. :blahblah:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
CMC122 said:
Do your birds free roam or do you have them in a fenced in area?

lemme see...
free roam = BANG by the forumites who don't want to see them eaten by the dog
caged = BANG by PETA-forumites....

either way i'm screwed....is this a loaded question? :ohwell:

CMC122

Go Braves!
happyappygirl said:
lemme see...
free roam = BANG by the forumites who don't want to see them eaten by the dog
caged = BANG by PETA-forumites....

either way i'm screwed....is this a loaded question? :ohwell:
I'm anti PETA crap :lol:

I want chickens and have a hen house but I want to make a pen around it to keep them out of the hood and away from the dogs:yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
CMC122 said:
I want chickens and have a hen house but I want to make a pen around it to keep them out of the hood and away from the dogs:yay:

Well......we've managed to loose...um...MANY to the dumb dog. But the dumb dog is going to live with my FIL far, far away so she can torment his adopted KIDS instead of my chickens.... :banana:

So....long answer to the short question....FREE RANGE (we feed them twice a day). They perch on top of the horses too. It's funny. One has a fascination with blue jeans. She obsessively pecks at any leg that wears them. We have a shelf lined with straw, and bales of straw so they can walk up onto the shelf and most of them lay on the shelf, but one or two is laying anywhere she happens to be...just spits them right out in my flower beds :killingme.
Chickens are cool. We have Rhode Island Reds, Golden Reds and several Barred Rocks.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Gooseneck said:
My wife wants chickens. I am resisting.

But I know she'll eventually win out.

She already has.....I see a chink in the armor. :killingme
Why resist? Just surprise her and bring some home. Ya know ya want too.

Gooseneck

happyappygirl said:
She already has.....I see a chink in the armor. :killingme
Why resist? Just surprise her and bring some home. Ya know ya want too.
Yeah, she always wins. But I'll fight this one to the end! :oops:

There is a rooster on the next farm that wakes me up in the morning. Miss Sleeping Beauty never hears it and thinks I over react. I can't imagine the racket if we had our own rooster close by. :banghead:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Gooseneck said:
Yeah, she always wins. But I'll fight this one to the end! :oops:

There is a rooster on the next farm that wakes me up in the morning. Miss Sleeping Beauty never hears it and thinks I over react. I can't imagine the racket if we had our own rooster close by. :banghead:

some roosters don't c*ck-a-doodle-doo as loud as others...and if they do eventually...eat 'em :lmao:
My Barred Rocks aren't NEARLY as loud as the Rhode Island Reds...want a Barred Rock rooster? I have 2 extras. :flowers:

Gooseneck

happyappygirl said:
some roosters don't c*ck-a-doodle-doo as loud as others...and if they do eventually...eat 'em :lmao:
My Barred Rocks aren't NEARLY as loud as the Rhode Island Reds...want a Barred Rock rooster? I have 2 extras. :flowers:
Well, nothing will happen this year, that's for certain. Too many projects going on around the place to fit in building a coop. Without a coop, I am afraid we would just be fattening up the local fox populace. :lol:

I also am toying with starting a Martin colony, but want to research it a bit more. Going to build bluebird houses for the fenceline this winter. Maybe chickens next year. I'll peck..err, pick your brain before we choose breeds, etc. :cheers:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
happyappygirl said:
FIRST it was the puppies.. Now this!? And I was going to ask if you got the 4 D-cell or the six....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Gooseneck said:
I also am toying with starting a Martin colony, but want to research it a bit more.

You know martins prefer very VERY tall condos, in the middle of a flat field, but close to a woodline? They're picky little dudes! I have too many trees for them. :sad:
Bluebirds....LOVE bluebirds..... :flowers: