Penn State bans outdoors club from going outside because outside is dangerous

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/penn_state_bans_outdoors_club.html

A near-century-old outdoor recreation club will now refrain from going outside because it is too dangerous out in the wilderness, according to officials at Penn State University.

The Penn State Outing Club, originally founded in 1920, announced last week that the university will no longer allow the club to organize outdoor, student-led trips starting next semester. The hiking, camping and other outdoors-focused activities the student-led club has long engaged in are too risky, the university's offices of Student Affairs and Risk Management determined.

Wow. Break out the coloring books.

Wonder if any of them are smart enough to seek out a different college.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Speechless.

I'm so glad I was born decades ago. We had a blast despite not having seat belts, bike helmets, helicopter parents and selfies.

Speechless.

I'm so glad I was born decades ago. We had a blast despite not having seat belts, bike helmets, helicopter parents and selfies.

I was just thinking that. We had the best of times growing up. Today's kids will never know the feeling of self-worth, self-reliance, freedom and lack of fear from everyday things.

officeguy

Yep[: Sounds like they are not totally against the kids going out they just want to send one of their academic Capo's to guard them.

Of course the clubs fall over each other to assure the press that there was never any drinking......

Unless college students today are very different from college students when I went to school, I am pretty sure that heavy drinking was involved in all of these activities.

Hijinx

Of course the clubs fall over each other to assure the press that there was never any drinking......

Unless college students today are very different from college students when I went to school, I am pretty sure that heavy drinking was involved in all of these activities.

You may be right.Although I haven't read about any students drowning or getting lost in any caves.
Pretty sure if they were drinking heavily, I would have.