Update, sort of...

GregV814

well, the guys at Valvoline in Prince Frederick told me the ICONIC Chick Fil-A is on hold again because the building permits have expired and the chain has to file for NEW permits....and across Route 4, heavy equipment has been moved onto the site of the future slumlord section 8 apartments approved by our esteemed elected officials....oh yeah, future lightening strikes are very likely to hit the Scaggs barn, burning it to the ground....

Grumpy

well, the guys at Valvoline in Prince Frederick told me the ICONIC Chick Fil-A is on hold again because the building permits have expired and the chain has to file for NEW permits....and across Route 4, heavy equipment has been moved onto the site of the future slumlord section 8 apartments approved by our esteemed elected officials....oh yeah, future lightening strikes are very likely to hit the Scaggs barn, burning it to the ground....

I think you got all of it right..1. someone didn't get paid. 2. someone got paid. 3.A liberal was offended by the barn.