Headlines vs. Reality

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I'm checking my FB because my friend's kid announced his college decision - this became a fun thing with everyone getting involved in the choosing process - and I wanted to see if he chose my pick (he did :dude:)

So I see a trending headline: "Melania can't even open a window," says French First Lady.

Clicked to the feed and see a battalion of hatebots cackling because Melania is too stupid to open a window - bwa ha ha ha ha!

Then I read the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...st-lady-melania-trump-cannot-do-anything.html

Macron, 65, told Le Monde that she had a wonderful time with the first lady and called her “really fun.”

“We have the same sense of humor. We laugh a lot together,” Macron said.

However, she voiced her concerns over Trump’s restrictions while living in the White House.

“She can’t even open a window at the White House. She can’t go outside. She’s much more constrained than I am. I go out every day in Paris,” France’s first lady said.

Macron described Trump as “kind, charming, intelligent and very open” but understands why “she looks grim in public.”

“Everything is interpreted, over-interpreted. She’s someone who has a strong personality but works hard to hide it. She laughs very easily, at everything, but shows it less than I do,” she said.

The irony being that she "cannot even open a window" because of the foaming rabid bots guffawing at a story they clearly didn't read who want to do her harm.

:crazy:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So I'm checking my FB because my friend's kid announced his college decision - this became a fun thing with everyone getting involved in the choosing process - and I wanted to see if he chose my pick (he did :dude:)

So I see a trending headline: "Melania can't even open a window," says French First Lady.

Clicked to the feed and see a battalion of hatebots cackling because Melania is too stupid to open a window - bwa ha ha ha ha!

Then I read the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...st-lady-melania-trump-cannot-do-anything.html

The irony being that she "cannot even open a window" because of the foaming rabid bots guffawing at a story they clearly didn't read who want to do her harm.

similar to the old "if I walked on water, the Washington post would report president can't swim!"

transporter

The really ironic irony of the above statement is you did the exact same thing yesterday with GURPS post about people leaving high tax "blue" states. You CLEARLY did not read the article but commented anyway. Hijinx CLEARLY never reads ANY article that is ever posted, he only reads the OP title. Many on this site in which YOU run CLEARLY never read the entire article in a post and never read any of the underlying reports or sources to see if the posted article is accurately representing the source material.

As long the OP title, the title of the article or the comments by the OP confirm their generally uneducated political opinion, then the comments fly! (Naturally the same commenters claim to be informed voters, knowledgeable because they took a class 40 years ago, or Patriots!)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The really ironic irony of the above statement is you did the exact same thing yesterday with GURPS post about people leaving high tax "blue" states.

Go read my comments again, sweetie pie. I did not indicate that I read that article. I merely made a comment about infiltrators.

Hijinx

The really ironic irony of the above statement is you did the exact same thing yesterday with GURPS post about people leaving high tax "blue" states. You CLEARLY did not read the article but commented anyway. Hijinx CLEARLY never reads ANY article that is ever posted, he only reads the OP title. Many on this site in which YOU run CLEARLY never read the entire article in a post and never read any of the underlying reports or sources to see if the posted article is accurately representing the source material.

As long the OP title, the title of the article or the comments by the OP confirm their generally uneducated political opinion, then the comments fly! (Naturally the same commenters claim to be informed voters, knowledgeable because they took a class 40 years ago, or Patriots!)

I don't have to read them I just wait for your critique and I know the opposite to be true.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yeah, made me laugh too. The real irony is saying things like that WHILE ridiculing the intelligence of others.

I think I'll go get a glass of really wet water.

I think Trans was drinking alcoholic alcohol when she wrote that.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah, made me laugh too. The real irony is saying things like that WHILE ridiculing the intelligence of others.

There are times when I wonder if it's not one of the more conservative people on the board posting as one of these "enlightened geniuses" for comedic effect.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There are times when I wonder if it's not one of the more conservative people on the board posting as one of these "enlightened geniuses" for comedic effect.

I'm convinced that it is definitely a moronic moron.

Last edited: