Senator Rubio: U.S. workers get little benefit from tax reform

transporter

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, in a move that may undercut his party’s message about the recent tax overhaul ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, told the Economist magazine there is “no evidence whatsoever” the law significantly helped American workers.

“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” Rubio said in the interview published Thursday.

“In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-benefit-from-tax-reform-report-idUSKBN1I127T

Hey Marco...no sh!t...nice of you to realize this 4 months after the vote. Maybe next month you can act stunned that the tax cut bill will add a couple $Trillion to the deficit and debt!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I dunno about you, sweetie, but I have not started computing my businesses 2018 taxes yet.

nutz

Does anyone besides Tranny really care what Rubio has to say?

Tranny and Sap, anything anti-Trump will suffice. Rubio is not really one to follow though, "The idea that more taxes and more government spending is the best way to help hardworking middle class taxpayers - that's an old idea that's failed every time it's been tried." -- Marco Rubio

Hijinx

Tranny and Sap, anything anti-Trump will suffice. Rubio is not really one to follow though, "The idea that more taxes and more government spending is the best way to help hardworking middle class taxpayers - that's an old idea that's failed every time it's been tried." -- Marco Rubio

The Democrats are making their run in 2018 promising higher taxes.
I guess we will have to see how that unfolds.

SamSpade

Yeah, I don't see why he brings this up. Even if he thinks this - what's the point?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” Rubio said in the interview published Thursday.

“In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”

Whatever Rubio majored in in college, it wasn't economics. Or maybe he said that because Daz called the Crips on him.

Regardless, Trans is citing Rubio because he thinks Republicans/conservatives will go, "Oh, dang. Marco Rubio says. We better listen to him." Let us not forget that Rubio not only didn't win the GOP nomination, he wasn't even in second place. He didn't even win his own state.

If you, Trans, want to suddenly be on the Rubio wagon, you go right ahead. But he's not an influencer for Republicans and conservatives.

Sapidus

It's pathetic how you all repeatedly attack the messenger and never address the message.

Do you honestly believe this trickle down crap is going to do anything for the American worker?

No matter who said it the truth is that the Tax cuts added massively to the defecit and only benefited businesses.

If Obama had singed this you would all be out with your pitchforks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you honestly believe this trickle down crap is going to do anything for the American worker?

No matter who said it the truth is that the Tax cuts added massively to the defecit and only benefited businesses.

Even if that were true - it's is demonstrably not true - why would that be a bad thing? Businesses create jobs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I get really tired of retarded people insisting that "trickle down" doesn't work. Trickle down is HOW it works. Always has been, always will be. Only someone massively stupid thinks rich people all stuff their money under their mattress and don't spread it around buying stuff and employing people.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Only someone massively stupid thinks rich people all stuff their money under their mattress and don't spread it around buying stuff and employing people.

Its the typical elitist mindset.

That kind of thinking, and the 1990 congress and Bush 1, killed the Luxury Boat industry and put tens of thousand of workers out of jobs almost instantly.

Sapidus

Even if that were true - it's is demonstrably not true - why would that be a bad thing? Businesses create jobs.

Business in the US are already sitting with the largest cash reserves in decades. Unemployment is already low. There is absolutely no proof that trickle down economics does anything.

Sapidus

I get really tired of retarded people insisting that "trickle down" doesn't work. Trickle down is HOW it works. Always has been, always will be. Only someone massively stupid thinks rich people all stuff their money under their mattress and don't spread it around buying stuff and employing people.

Except studies show that businesses are sitting on huge cash reserves right now they are not spending on raising workers pay. The only thing rising is CEO pay.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you not see the contestation of a trend started under him and continued for the last 8 years?

Nope..I completely missed the contestation.

Whaddid I miss?

Say..you didn't pull anything, did you? Going from "no wage increases" to "wage increases are thanks to Barry" in one post!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its the typical elitist mindset.

And even those stingy greedy bastards trickle down. They buy expensive ####, trickling down to store owners, car dealers, real estate agents, and salespeople. They hire help, trickling down to nannies and gardeners and housekeepers and personal assistants. They throw catered parties, trickling down to caterers, chefs, waitstaff, and bartenders.

And all those workers the greedy stingy elite trickle down to go on to trickle down their money as well.

That is HOW it works.

Whenever I hear someone say that "trickle down doesn't work" I immediately write them off as a stupid bot who parrots rhetoric and doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Sapidus

And even those stingy greedy bastards trickle down. They buy expensive ####, trickling down to store owners, car dealers, real estate agents, and salespeople. They hire help, trickling down to nannies and gardeners and housekeepers and personal assistants. They throw catered parties, trickling down to caterers, chefs, waitstaff, and bartenders.

And all those workers the greedy stingy elite trickle down to go on to trickle down their money as well.

That is HOW it works.

Whenever I hear someone say that "trickle down doesn't work" I immediately write them off as a stupid bot who parrots rhetoric and doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Again. You forgot to say anyone who doesnt agree with you is a retard.

Why must you end every one of your screeds with " i am a superior intellect and everyone else is stupid"?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Again. You forgot to say anyone who doesnt agree with you is a retard.

Why must you end every one of your screeds with " i am a superior intellect and everyone else is stupid"?

She doesn't, they end with "I am a superior intellect and Sappy is stupid". You see there's a minor difference you just keep skimming over.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Only with you. And that's because I am indeed intellectually superior to you and you are stupid.

My freaking dog is intellectually superior to you. If you were any less aware you'd be on life support. If you had one more brain cell it would die of loneliness.

You so dumb that when the weatherman says it's chilly outside, you grab a spoon.

You so dumb you think Grape Nuts is an STD.

You so dumb you'd need twice as much sense to be a half-wit.

You so dumb you think Fleetwood Mac is a fast food burger special.

You so dumb that in the "No Child Left Behind" act there's a provision that exempts you.

You so dumb they had to burn the school down to get you out of third grade.

You so dumb they had to dig for your IQ.

You so dumb you put lipstick on your forehead when someone tells you to make up your mind.

You so dumb that if you spoke your mind you'd be speechless.

You so dumb you think Johnny Cash is a pay toilet.

You so dumb you wouldn't know up from down if you had three guesses.

You so dumb not even Google can translate you.

You so dumb that when the doctor asked if you're sexually active, you said, "No, I just lay there."

You SO dumb yo mama gave birth to you on the beltway cause she heard that's where accidents happen.

You dumb, boy.