How The Left’s War On Words Manipulates Your Mind

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The classic example is the word “liberal,” which the far-left co-opted. It was adopted because of its positive connotation, and used as a cover for imposing greater leftist control under the guise of liberty. In reality, there is nothing liberal about failing to protect life, burdening individuals with regulations and taxes, or forcing individuals to provide services to others. This is no accidental misnomer, but strategic messaging to influence people. Who doesn’t want to support a policy that is “progressive,” “pro-choice,” or “affordable”?

When the word cannot be flipped, other words are sometimes added to suggest a new meaning. In the case of firearms, the new popular phrase is “assault rifle.” Webster’s Dictionary was happy to update its definition to help nudge society in the right direction. The effect is a stronger connotation, which plays on people’s emotion and visceral reactions to the phrase.

Tinkering with language and misusing words results in opinion polls in which 92 percent of people support “universal background checks” without realizing that would prevent a friend or family member from selling or trading a gun privately. Modifiers that draw emotion can effectively shape new public policy based on feelings and not objective facts.

Following very closely is substituting words to suit the political narrative. The play here is almost always to swap out the legal or technical word for the connotation from casual conversation. While “assault rifle” is one example, a more explosive one is “terrorism.”

How The Left’s War On Words Manipulates Your Mind

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They don't manipulate my mind. I'm a native English speaker and know what words mean. I can also decipher the "emotion-speak" and "opposite meaning" words they throw around.

"Progressive", for example, which doesn't mean what they think it does when using that word to describe their regressive agenda.

"Choice" and "women's health care" when they are talking about abortion.

Oh! And my favorite:

"Undocumented immigrants" when describing "illegal immigrants". When they bother to put a modifier on "immigrants" at all.

But I am not fooled by these reindeer games. :yay:

transporter

[
QUOTE=vraiblonde;5875824]They don't manipulate my mind. I'm a native English speaker and know what words mean.
:lmao:

But I am not fooled by these reindeer games.

That is probably true...you have been completely brainwashed into thinking Trump is a great leader and business guru...still you are one of the worst examples of "falling for reindeer games" I have ever seen.

Hijinx

[ :lmao:

That is probably true...you have been completely brainwashed into thinking Trump is a great leader and business guru...still you are one of the worst examples of "falling for reindeer games" I have ever seen.

Well Jane you ignorant slut.
No matter how bad you feel about Trump He is and was much better than the alternative.

The smartest woman in the world. My ass.