Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Broadband already screwing us over

If you click Atlantic Broadband’s ad here on SOMD Forums it states site not ready.

Bad omen...
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal. :jet:

Just lost cable TV service and when I called and pressed all the right buttons the recording said call back between 8 and 11. I had 24/7 tech support from Metrocast. Grr.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Why nit just get umlimited data on your phone and use LTE? Hell of a lot better/faster than satellite.
    again, read the fine print. It's unlimited, but after say 10GB they throttle your service.
    BUT, for an even larger monthly charge, they will up that line.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Has anyone who used Metrocast done anything like trade in equipment or change to one of ABB's plans?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Has anyone who used Metrocast done anything like trade in equipment or change to one of ABB's plans?
    We traded in our modem. No issues with the actual trade in. Took some work out on the pole to get the signal levels correct, but so far so good.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

I'm confused, ABB just took over Metrocast, the network hasn't changed.
    Was the metrocrap equipment that bad?

I'm done with them all, I think I'll go back to 4800 baud dial-up

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I've been watching an outfit called ViaSat, waiting for it to become available here. Looking forward to getting rid of the DSL and associated land line (can't cancel land line without canceling DSL, Verizon policy).

www.viasatspecials.com/

If you enter a zip code from Virginia, you can get an idea on plans and rates.
    Not sure what you mean by "associated" land line. Do you have a separate land line and a dedicated DSL line? We got rid of our VZ land line about 6 months ago but kept DSL. Just got rid of DSL last week.

Quote Originally Posted by somdforever View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "associated" land line. Do you have a separate land line and a dedicated DSL line? We got rid of our VZ land line about 6 months ago but kept DSL. Just got rid of DSL last week.
    DSL is carried on the same wires as your phone.
    Verizon provides a noise filter for any telephones on the line.
    Services are billed separately but the phone service portion is minimal compared to the Internet.
    We use to have Directv on Verizon which gave us the "Triple Play" discount, but when AT&T took over Directv our discount was gone.
    Verizon gave us some temporary price cut.
    So when I pull the plug on DSL, I'll cut the landline too.

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    We traded in our modem. No issues with the actual trade in. Took some work out on the pole to get the signal levels correct, but so far so good.
    Was there - improvement?

The bundle packages promise 100 Mbps - or *more*.
    Metrocast, on a *good* day, might have delivered HALF that.

I'm also curious that a NEW customer might be offered a different set of equipment - with a different set of costs associated with them.
    Right now - moving to ABB from Metrocast might as well be invisible, because apart from a different website - where the bill paying section is exactly the same except with different graphics (it actually has kept the same cookies for billing, so I know not MUCH has changed) - I'm still paying for everything under the exact same model as under Metrocast.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Was there - improvement?

The bundle packages promise 100 Mbps - or *more*.
    Metrocast, on a *good* day, might have delivered HALF that.

I'm also curious that a NEW customer might be offered a different set of equipment - with a different set of costs associated with them.
    Right now - moving to ABB from Metrocast might as well be invisible, because apart from a different website - where the bill paying section is exactly the same except with different graphics (it actually has kept the same cookies for billing, so I know not MUCH has changed) - I'm still paying for everything under the exact same model as under Metrocast.
    My guess is that it's just all just bovine bowl movement.

How can ABB promise more than Metrocast could deliver when they haven't added more wire (or fibre) let alone updated the rest of the infrastructure?
    ABB is really nothing more than a name change, same way as Metrocast pasted a new logo over Gans (GNP) who pasted over Western Shore or pasted over... what, St. Mary's Cable.

New company comes in an promise better than the company they bought out, but they haven't been around long enough to change a light bulb let alone overhaul the network infrastructure.
    Copper can only carry so much data and the more users you add, the less bandwidth each user has available. I look at Wildewood, where new homes are sprouting like weeds.
    They extend the existing pipe, but I don't see an entire new trunk being laid in.
    It's a ponzi scheme, seems somebody will get better service while others get their service cut.
    They treat us like they have a monopoly and we are a bunch of dunces.

Oh wait, they don't have any viable competition, they are a monopoly AND PT Barnum was correct, there is a sucker born every day.

Members who have read this thread: 3