Cheer squad wants less talented kicked off the team

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I thought everyone getting a trophy helped children's self esteem. Either way there is going to be a group that is disappointed. I'd like to see the principal cancel the squad and watch the both sides nuke each other.

After cheerleading tryouts at Hanover Park High School in East Hanover were held April 13, some cuts were made. But when a parent complained about their child not being allowed on the team, the athletic director changed the policy to allow anyone who wants to be on the team to join. But this new policy is not seeing well with some cheerleaders.
The administration says that the change came due to an “irregularity in the selection process.”
The parents tell News 12 New Jersey that they sent letters to the principal and athletic director complaining about the policy. They say that the principal then threatened to disband the squad all together.
So 10 members of the squad, backed by their parents, came to ask the board to reverse the policy so that team members are forced to earn their spot through hard work and tryouts.
The school board says in a statement, “In order to facilitate a more inclusive program, the alignment between the various cheerleading squads would be modified to allow all interested students to be able to participate. This decision was made in the best interest of all students and was made to be as inclusive as possible.”

whiners gonna whine

littlelady

God bless the USA
And like I said in another thread, tonight. Our country is doomed. I am seeing humans walking around with their heads up their butt. It is like going backwards in evolution. What would be the word for that? I’m very good at hunting and gathering. God bless the USA.

https://www.powerthesaurus.org/evolution/antonyms

I was a cheerleader in HS, but who cares? There are more important things going on in the World.

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
Using their logic Village Idiots should be allowed to join Mensa but apparently they are too busy running high schools.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did not have daughters, so I never dealt with any of this, but I think the whole Cheerleading Industry is kind of creepy, and nothing I would encourage any child that I cared about to pursue.

I love a talented cheer squad and watch the competitions when I come across them. The good ones are basically an athletic dance team, many are co-ed, and quite entertaining. I presume you're talking about pro sports cheerleaders, where the cheerleaders are basically glorified strippers and treated as such? Yeah, I don't like those either. It's interesting to watch a major sports organization pretend to be all woke by allowing the players to protest against our country on the field, then treat their cheerleaders like sex slaves.

There are many characteristics a culture loses when they head to the Left. Art is one. Competition is another. Basic human dignity and respect is probably the biggest loss of all.

stgislander

PREMO Member
This means that there will be two cheer squads. There will be the football/basketball/pep rally squad and the smaller competition squad.