Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seattle Head Tax

Seattle is now moving to repeal the head tax
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Seattle is now moving to repeal the head tax
    At this point with regressive progressive leftist governments and the mess they leave their cities and states in, it's difficult to even give a crap if you don't live there. They have made the bed they now have to live in.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Jeff Bezos should follow Franco Beretta's lead and make a public statement that Seattle always seems to be a problem. And buy land elsewhere in a State that would appreciate the taxes he and his employees pay.
    South East states will score again..
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries

One commenter asked if the businesses against the head tax realize it’s only for businesses “making over $20 million?”
    Today, that's the law today.. until they realize they aren't getting the revenue they thought they would... then it will drop to 10M.. then 5.. then 2.. then every business in Seattle within 10 years will be paying it.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

The Left’s War Against Prosperity in Seattle

The labor group Working Washington called for criminal prosecution of businesses that threaten to leave the city. They argued that this constituted an illegal threat against public officials, a felony.

As libertarian law professor Eugene Volokh noted, such an expansive view of the law would also criminalize activities such as union strikes and boycotts.

This method of intimidating businesses into accepting predatory government action may not have been well considered, but it does reveal the impulses of the hard left.

If you aren’t willing to accept the left’s measures willingly, you will be forced to accept them through punitive government action. There will be no escape.

This is hardly the first Seattle policy to take aim at businesses.

In 2015, Seattle increased its minimum wage to $15 an hour, which, according to one study, decreased employment and hurt low-income workers.
    LoL, they shouldn't threaten then, they should just leave with no notice or anything.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Today, that's the law today.. until they realize they aren't getting the revenue they thought they would... then it will drop to 10M.. then 5.. then 2.. then every business in Seattle within 10 years will be paying it.
    Yep, camels nose under the tent time. Which part of "DONT EAT THAT GOOSE THAT LAYS GOLDEN EGGS" isnt sinking in with these people?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    LoL, they shouldn't threaten then, they should just leave with no notice or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Imagine the #### in the Seattle's government's pants if Amazon just started moving one day.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    And that 75 percent that allegedly goes to housing for the homeless actually goes to administering the planning, codification and oversight of the building of that housing. Very little of that will actually pay for the materials and labor. The other 25 percent will go directly into the city council's coffers.
    “Lead paint chips: they're not just for breakfast anymore.” - Board Mommy

Members who have read this thread: 64