Birdie_Love

I want to have my kids baptized in a river and I'd like to get baptized as well. We don’t belong to a church. When we do attend, it’s Catholic mass with my mother-in-law. I was raised Baptist and my kids certainly know Jesus, read The Bible, pray daily, and understand the meaning of baptism. I want them baptized in a river, but I don’t know how to go about achieving this.

Do you guys know of any Maryland locations where this can be done? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance and many blessings.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought you just get a preacher, go down to the river of your choice with public access, get baptized. Is there more to it?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I want to have my kids baptized in a river and I'd like to get baptized as well. We don’t belong to a church. When we do attend, it’s Catholic mass with my mother-in-law. I was raised Baptist and my kids certainly know Jesus, read The Bible, pray daily, and understand the meaning of baptism. I want them baptized in a river, but I don’t know how to go about achieving this.

Do you guys know of any Maryland locations where this can be done? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance and many blessings.

http://www.pointofgracesomd.org/

A friend of mine was baptized at this church, which meets at Park Hall Elementary School, and they do do river baptisms. There was a ceremony in the church then the group went to the river and were individually baptized by Pastor Shepherd. He and his wife are very nice and both are actively involved in the community as well as the church.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
River, tank, swimming pool, ocean - your choice. The Bible demonstrates immersion as the form of baptism Jesus went through with John the Baptist, so that's the model to follow. If you want a river, and you're sure of your standing with Christ, then go for it. If not, then you will just be wet all over.

seekeroftruth

There use to be a Methodist preacher up in Lothian [at the traffic circle] who did river Baptisms a few times a year. I'm not sure if he's still at that church. You might also contact a Baptist preacher. The preacher is the key... they would have to wade in with you so I'm sure the preacher would have a favorite river.

I hope you will let us know how this turns out.

:coffee: