Feds Tapped Michael Cohen's Phones

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yikes.

This droopy dog looking mofo is going to jail for a long time or he flips

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...d-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-s-phones-n871011

So the Left is now in favor of wiretapping and email surveillance for citizens who have not committed a crime...but only when it's against their political foes.

Of course. That's typical of Leftists.

Investigators are also seeking information about the 2005"Access Hollywood" tape in which Donald Trump was heard making vulgar boasts about women.

I was unaware that boasting about sexual conquests is a crime.

Midnightrider

So the Left is now in favor of wiretapping and email surveillance for citizens who have not committed a crime...but only when it's against their political foes.

Who says he hasn’t committed any crimes?

Sapidus

Yeah they just hand out wire taps and subpeonas like candy?

Why then in your delusional mind didn't they serve either on Clinton?

Not even your insane ramblings are consistent

Chris0nllyn

From the article in the OP.

"The affidavits are typically highly detailed and carefully vetted by experienced lawyers," he said. "In all cases the wiretap must be approved by a federal judge."

Rosenberg said that wiretaps are usually approved for an investigation into a current crime and not solely for possible crimes that have been committed in the past.

"This is an exacting process where the government must demonstrate to a federal judge that there is an ongoing crime."

Sapidus

Please stop making sense or proving things. It only confuses them further.

These people honestly believe so much in an orange lying clown that they believe our entire government is conspiring to frame him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The affidavits are typically highly detailed and carefully vetted by experienced lawyers," he said. "In all cases the wiretap must be approved by a federal judge."

hahaha that's rich .... every prosecutor knows to go to a judge friendly to their case(s)

Sapidus

hahaha that's rich .... every prosecutor knows to go to a judge friendly to their case(s)

Lemme guess you've seen every episode of Law and Order so you think you are an expert.

There is still a standard of proof shI*****

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Oh please with your "federal judges". There are crooked activists on the bench and we see them in the news all the time. Now are you trying to say that all judges are fair and impartial? Because that is just ####ing laughable. Cops and lawyers judge shop all the time.

This_person

Yikes.

This droopy dog looking mofo is going to jail for a long time or he flips

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...d-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-s-phones-n871011

Of course, there's always this:
Biased and consistently-inaccurate NBC News said:
CORRECTION: Earlier today, NBC News reported that there was a wiretap on the phones of Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney, citing two separate sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

But three senior U.S. officials now dispute that, saying that the monitoring of Cohen’s phones was limited to a log of calls, known as a pen register, not a wiretap where investigators can actually listen to calls.

NBC News has changed the headline and revised parts of the original article.
The Hill said:
The distinction is significant. The use of a pen register allows investigators to track incoming and outgoing calls from a number, whereas a wiretap allows investigators to actually listen in on calls.

Josh Blackman, a constitutional law professor at the South Texas College of Law in Houston, said it’s far easier to obtain a pen register than a wiretap.

“While the latter records phone calls and captures private information, the former only tracks phone numbers dialed,” he said. “The Supreme Court has recognized that by dialing a phone number, a person voluntarily shares that information with the phone company, so there is a reduced expectation of privacy."

Glen Kopp, a partner at Mayer Brown and former assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, added that pen registers are fairly common in investigations.

“A judge has to approve the use of a pen register, but the hurdles for obtaining approval are way less than for a wiretap of someone’s telephone,” he said.

Maybe that mofo (isn't that what you called him?) isn't actually going to jail for a long time after all.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Of course, there's always this:

I know they're trying to make a huge distinction between 'monitoring' vs 'wiretapping', but I see very little difference in that, if they are tracking where Cohen's calls are going, how hard would it be to flip a virtual switch and start listening? They are tracking his calls.... period. That should scare everyone that the federal government can track calls this easily, without much cause. I have developed so little trust in our government in this sense that I cannot get myself to believe they just 'monitored' Cohen's calls. One call to or from Trump and *blip* they are tapping that call. Of course, such collection would be inadmissible in court, but it would get leaked out, and that would become a question Mueller would ask Trump or used in some way to trip him up.

I just can't believe this stuff is happening in this country - our government monitoring and wiretapping citizens, at will, without our knowledge. Too much power.

Chris0nllyn

That should scare everyone that the federal government can track calls this easily, without much cause.

If only someone had come along and pointed out every time the FISA Act was up for renewal.

Look, no one cares. No one cares about the govt. spying on people because safety and terrorism and "this day and age". A post about a restaurant can get 15 pages of replies on here, but each and every time a thread about Section 702 or govt. spying comes up...nothing. If people cared, at all, they wouldn't continually vote into power people who don't want to see any changes in regards to US spying powers. It's that simple.