After the Ball–Why the Homosexual Movement Has Won

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Give them credit: they really did understand the operation of the public mind. Kirk and Madsen called for homosexuals to talk incessantly about homosexuality in public. “Open, frank talk makes gayness seem less furtive, alien, and sinful; more above board,” they asserted. “Constant talk builds the impression that public opinion is at least divided on the subject, and that a sizeable bloc–the most modern, up-to-date citizens–accept or even practice homosexuality.”

Nevertheless, not all talk about homosexuality is helpful. “And when we say talk about homosexuality, we mean just that. In the early stages of the campaign, the public should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex per se should be downplayed, and the issue of gay rights reduced, as far as possible, to an abstract social question.”

Portraying homosexuals as victims was essential to their strategy. Offering several principles for tactical advance in their cause, the authors called upon homosexuals to “portray gays as victims of circumstance and depression, not as aggressive challengers.” This would be necessary, they argued, because “gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to adopt the role of protector.”

Such a strategy could, they asserted, lead to something like a “conversion” of the public mind on the question of homosexuality. “The purpose of victim imagery is to make straights feel very uncomfortable; that is, to jam with shame the self-righteous pride that would ordinarily accompany and reward their antigay belligerence, and to lay groundwork for the process of conversion by helping straights identify with gays and sympathize with their underdog status.”

https://albertmohler.com/2004/06/03/after-the-ball-why-the-homosexual-movement-has-won/

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/after-the-ball-media-pedophilia/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get really tired of ignoramuses equating homosexuality with pedophilia. The VAST! majority of pedophiles are heterosexual men. It's not even close.

So really. Stop with the lies and hate.

SamSpade

I don't know why, but almost every show I watch with an ensemble cast of more than say, seven or eight members always has a gay couple.
All of them. Which is weird, because while I know a handful of gay people, only a few of them are married or have a partner -
and they're a fraction of the people I know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know why, but almost every show I watch with an ensemble cast of more than say, seven or eight members always has a gay couple.

Diversity. And I'm okay with portraying normal boring gay people and helping to bust the stereotype of the crazy leather queen in assless chaps having a gender identity crisis.

Gays are a fraction of the people I know, too, because they are a fraction of the population in genera, and because you are hetero your primary social group will be hetero as well. A gay person, though, would have a predominantly gay social group. Birds of a feather and all.

I think all of the gays and lesbians I know personally have a long-term partner/spouse, but I also don't have very many single friends in general.

What's his face posted about the trend of having mixed race couples in commercials. I honestly don't even notice that until someone points it out, just like gay couples don't really register with me unless them being gay is a major plot point.

This_person

I get really tired of ignoramuses equating homosexuality with pedophilia. The VAST! majority of pedophiles are heterosexual men. It's not even close.

Agree it is not the same thing at all, but I'm wondering where you get this statement from.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Wow.

This thread is much more reasonable than i expected minus the OP's pearl clutching.

Anything that promotes your cause.........just saying'.

Most people do not give a rats ass about what you do behind closed doors. Its the constant push for acceptance thats frosts most people.
You say normal, I don't....thats ok but you leave me alone in my opinion and I'll leave you alone in yours.

SamSpade

What's his face posted about the trend of having mixed race couples in commercials. I honestly don't even notice that until someone points it out, just like gay couples don't really register with me unless them being gay is a major plot point.

I generally don't notice unless it's made to be a point.

What I think is funny is a while back they had that Swiffer commercial where there's an interracial couple, and the media were all about how bigoted conservatives were.
I thought -
WHAT? I've seen them all.

Then I watched it - and I thought - OOOOH - that's the one where the guy has just one arm!
Inter-racial? I seriously hadn't noticed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its the constant push for acceptance thats frosts most people.

And it's not even the push for "acceptance" that pisses people off; it's the deliberate offensiveness and proving conflict. Insisting that Christians bake your wedding cake, for example, when it would be easier and more peaceful to simply use one of the bazillion bakeries that will make your cake willingly. Think about that: they deliberately took business away from gay-friendly bakeries in order to punish a Christian bakery.

Having your pride march - nobody cares. What we care about is when they're marching through the streets being inappropriately and offensively sexual and provocatively hostile.

That sort of aggressive behavior doesn't just piss off Christians; it pisses off gay-neutral atheists like myself as well. It also pisses off mainstream gays and lesbians because it promotes a negative public image that they've been trying to fight against since forever.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Inter-racial? I seriously hadn't noticed.

Roseanne is making her black granddaughter a non-issue as well. There was a story surrounding Darlene's son wanting to wear girl stuff, but so far the granddaughter just shows up and there is no mention of her race. Just like in a normal family.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's the bottom line character of the left now days. ( Add violent and corrupt as well. )

They make it clear that they are about The Party and not the demographic. You let some black or gay or female person speak anything but the Party line and watch them get ganged up on and attacked by the progmob. We see that happening over and over, and it appears that those tactics are driving people away as opposed to intimidating them into submission per the plan.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... it's the deliberate offensiveness and proving conflict.

don't like Catholics because to the Church Stance on Gays ... ok fine
but to attend church services, cause a scene, disrespect the traditions of the church in the name of Tolerance and Inclusion

yeah not cool

Having your pride march

Actually I do ......
LGBBQT claim to want to be left alone to live there lives, why am I constantly bombarded with the Gay Agenda ...
Pride Parades queers keep singling themselves out for special attention

how about a Heterosexual Pride Parade

an NO I do not care what you do in your home