Here Comes the Judge

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Breathtaking is the word that we would use for the accusation by a United States District Judge that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is using the criminal case against Paul Manafort to pressure him into turning state’s evidence against President Trump. “The vernacular is to sing,” said the judge, Thos. Ellis III, a veteran of more than thirty years on the federal bench.

It’s not that it’s all that unusual in the course of a case for a judge to make prosecutors show their bona fides. “I think Judge Ellis may just be putting the government through its paces,” Reuters was told by a professor who thinks it unlikely the judge will dismiss the charges Mr. Mueller has handed up against Mr. Manafort. The professor suggests that such lectures are fairly common.

The judge, though, certainly spoke sternly. “You don’t really care about Mr. Manafort. You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead to Mr. Trump,” the judge told the prosecutors, adding: “It’s unlikely you’re going to persuade me the special counsel has unfettered power to do whatever he wants.” He pressed a dispute about Mr. Mueller’s mandate.

That involves the question of how far the special prosecutor’s authority extends. One government lawyer balked at providing the judge with more than a redacted copy of a memo supposedly granting Mr. Mueller power to investigate Mr. Manafort’s dealings in Ukraine. When a government lawyer told the judge that the redactions did not pertain to the Manafort case, Judge Ellis snapped: “I’ll be the judge.”

Here Comes the Judge

Hijinx

I think the agenda is pretty clear. Mueller's overreach is fairly astounding.

It's a gotdamn disgrace.

The whole Mueller affair is a damned disgrace.
An effort by the Democrats to destroy the administration of the man who was legally elected.
A political coup is at the base of this whole mess.
Democrats have belittled and tossed accusations at this man, they have dug up all of the trash of his past life.
They interfered with his inauguration and have attacked him over and over again
It's outrageous.

And why have they done this.?
Because the witch and corrupt and criminal POS they ran-------------lost.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And why have they done this.?
Because the witch and corrupt and criminal POS they ran-------------lost.

That appears to be the case. Even with the Bill Clinton investigation, it started with actual evidence of criminal activity (Whitewater) and branched out from there. With Trump, there has been no evidence whatsoever - according to the FBI and the CIA - that he colluded with the Russian government to illegally win the election. This started as a fishing expedition, and now they're just busting people to justify it. It's been an enormous waste of taxpayer money.