I'm betting Tesla is toast..

glhs837

Power with Control
We'll see. There will be more competition, but I think if Tesla can nail down production of 5,000 a week, and continue to roll out the charging network, they stand a good chance. The last line of the article even makes that point.

Even so, Tesla is set to remain a force in the electric vehicle market, according to IHS Markit. It’s persevering, and doesn’t show any sign of letting up, according to Stephanie Brinley, an analyst with the researcher.

“Tesla has a good starting point, and new competition doesn’t negate Tesla,” she said.

And of course the Semi is a factor they didnt even talk about. That looks to be a solid money maker also.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing...sitive-trends-for-model-3-production-14584817

So I'd say it's even money at this point.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... but the title reads as if Tesla had a damn thing to do with it.

I'm sure Ford had the same problem after that Pinto was rear ended by a dump truck
or NBC Set fire to a Chevy C-10 in staged for TV Special Accident

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm sure Ford had the same problem after that Pinto was rear ended by a dump truck
or NBC Set fire to a Chevy C-10 in staged for TV Special Accident

Right, but how much effect such press shenanigans have are a bit different now than the 70 or 80s. The echo chamber effect is one piece of that. The ability of established car companies and Shorters to plant/pump stories that fit the meme is another. Another aspect is the the effect can be magnified out mitigated a bit by the size of your operation. A problem with the pinto doesn't affect F150, while any article on Tesla stains all three vehicles. And if course Tesla is tiny compared to Ford or GM.