Mossberg cuts ties with Dicks/Field and Stream

Chris0nllyn

Springfield did the same.

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.”
https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018/05/04/springfield-armory-severs-ties-dicks-sporting-goods/

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now if the would all follow Barrett’s example and do the same to the state and fed govt. there might be a chance of progress.

limblips

PREMO Member
Now if the would all follow Barrett’s example and do the same to the state and fed govt. there might be a chance of progress.

Even Niagara Falls started as a rain drop. As was discussed on here when The Dicks caved, it may be the beginning of the end for Dicks ala Sports Authority.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
YAY, I won't miss Dick. Pretty soon the St. Charles mall will end up closing and it will all be another blight on the landscape.
It’s already a blight on the daily crime report

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd be surprised if guns were a big part of Dick's revenue anyway. That's probably why they did it - make a political statement, look like a good guy ("see us caring?"), but not really lose anything.

black dog

Free America
I'd be surprised if guns were a big part of Dick's revenue anyway. That's probably why they did it - make a political statement, look like a good guy ("see us caring?"), but not really lose anything.

Bottom and middle priced firearms are not a huge profit margin by any means, the money makers in that dept are ammunition and accessories...
A huge money maker for dicks in that dept are clothes, tree stands and ground blinds. They have lots of floor space in each store.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

maybe not in gun sales, but you piss off people that may be gun owners that might have bought other sporting goods ...

..... the money makers in that dept are ammunition and accessories...
A huge money maker for dicks in that dept are clothes, tree stands and ground blinds.

:yay:

nutz

"Not to take away from Dick’s move, but the business risk is relatively low. The company only sells assault-style weapons at the 35 stores in its Field & Stream chain. (The company operates 715 namesake stores. Dick’s removed assault-style weapons from those stores in 2012 after the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre and shifted that part of its business to Field & Stream.) In Dick’s case, Wedbush Securities estimates that the whole hunting segment, not just firearms, make up only 10% of company sales and that the moves announced by Dick’s would have at most a small impact on sales, with the biggest threat coming from a hit to store traffic. "
http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/dicks-sporting-goods-guns-2/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Dick’s case, Wedbush Securities estimates that the whole hunting segment, not just firearms, make up only 10% of company sales

That's a bigger chunk than I thought. When I think of a big box for gun sports, I think of Cabela's and Gander Mountain. I think of Dick's as more of a sporting apparel and shoes store because that's what appears to take up the most space. Actual equipment seems to be an afterthought.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Drip...d.rip....drip...

Guess they should not have been such Dicks...

Hogue said they are distancing themselves from Dick’s Sporting Goods and their Field & Stream affiliate, removing them as an authorized dealer of Hogue products. In a statement, Hogue leadership said the retailer brought it on themselves with their recent decisions to no longer offer standard capacity magazines, restrict the minimum age of rifle buyers to 21, and hiring lobbyists to advance gun control efforts.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/13/hogue-joins-companies-cutting-ties-dicks/