Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg cuts ties with Dicks/Field and Stream

Blog Entries
    I'd be surprised if guns were a big part of Dick's revenue anyway. That's probably why they did it - make a political statement, look like a good guy ("see us caring?"), but not really lose anything.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I'd be surprised if guns were a big part of Dick's revenue anyway. That's probably why they did it - make a political statement, look like a good guy ("see us caring?"), but not really lose anything.
    Bottom and middle priced firearms are not a huge profit margin by any means, the money makers in that dept are ammunition and accessories...
    A huge money maker for dicks in that dept are clothes, tree stands and ground blinds. They have lots of floor space in each store.
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

maybe not in gun sales, but you piss off people that may be gun owners that might have bought other sporting goods ...

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    ..... the money makers in that dept are ammunition and accessories...
    A huge money maker for dicks in that dept are clothes, tree stands and ground blinds.

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

"Not to take away from Dick’s move, but the business risk is relatively low. The company only sells assault-style weapons at the 35 stores in its Field & Stream chain. (The company operates 715 namesake stores. Dick’s removed assault-style weapons from those stores in 2012 after the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre and shifted that part of its business to Field & Stream.) In Dick’s case, Wedbush Securities estimates that the whole hunting segment, not just firearms, make up only 10% of company sales and that the moves announced by Dick’s would have at most a small impact on sales, with the biggest threat coming from a hit to store traffic. "
    http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/dicks-...-goods-guns-2/
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    In Dick’s case, Wedbush Securities estimates that the whole hunting segment, not just firearms, make up only 10% of company sales
    That's a bigger chunk than I thought. When I think of a big box for gun sports, I think of Cabela's and Gander Mountain. I think of Dick's as more of a sporting apparel and shoes store because that's what appears to take up the most space. Actual equipment seems to be an afterthought.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Drip...d.rip....drip...

Guess they should not have been such Dicks...

Hogue said they are distancing themselves from Dick’s Sporting Goods and their Field & Stream affiliate, removing them as an authorized dealer of Hogue products. In a statement, Hogue leadership said the retailer brought it on themselves with their recent decisions to no longer offer standard capacity magazines, restrict the minimum age of rifle buyers to 21, and hiring lobbyists to advance gun control efforts.
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...ng-ties-dicks/
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Members who have read this thread: 58