Thread: Does the sheriff's office do enoiugh traffic enforcment ?

Does the sheriff's office do enoiugh traffic enforcment ?

Does the sheriff's office do enough traffic enforcement?

I'm not sure if they do enough, or if it is when they do it. It's almost like there's an unwritten rule not to do traffic enforcement during peak traffic periods unless absolutely necessary. Two examples from my little neck of the woods.

1. The long straight section of 249 between Tall Timbers and Piney Point. The speed limit is 50. I've encountered people traveling close 70 to HLSS in the morning, especially the closer you get to 8:00am.
    2. LE will not run radar in the 30 MPH section of downtown Piney Point during morning and evening rush when people are flying, but they will during lunchtime when traffic is much lighter.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    I'm not sure if they do enough, or if it is when they do it. It's almost like there's an unwritten rule not to do traffic enforcement during peak traffic periods unless absolutely necessary. Two examples from my little neck of the woods.

1. The long straight section of 249 between Tall Timbers and Piney Point. The speed limit is 50. I've encountered people traveling close 70 to HLSS in the morning, especially the closer you get to 8:00am.
    2. LE will not run radar in the 30 MPH section of downtown Piney Point during morning and evening rush when people are flying, but they will during lunchtime when traffic is much lighter.
    I have heard about a similar concern in other parts of the County.

To me it's not so much "do enough" as it is "do the right kind". Saw state troopers doing speed enforcement yesterday and today on 235. Pretty sure the incidence of crashes caused by speed is pretty low. On weekend mornings even lower. Same on my way up Rt 4 to PF this morning. 2-3 CCSO vehicles pointing lasers or radar out the window.
    "I aim to misbehave."

where?

What County?

Charles Co - yes
    St. Mary's Co - yes
    Calvert Co- too much (lots of Roscoe P. Coaltrain types there)
    So AA Co - yes
    Last edited by Forkian; 06-13-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Two Staties were doing speed enforcement in downtown Piney Point at 7:45am Monday morning in the rain.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Members who have read this thread: 55