Let's talk about Larry Hogan

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know you all kiss his ring, but I cannot forget how he banged with the progbot gang in opposing Trump and parroting the lies the Left were "reporting" about him that we now know were lies. That didn't stop ol' Lar, though. Or did I miss where he gave a statement admitting he was wrong and praising the direction Trump is taking our country?

I have not personally seen anything beneficial to having this so-called conservative in the Governor's seat. I see him sucking Leftist ass in order to get and stay elected. Now he wants to spend our tax dollars on free community college tuition. Really? How can any "conservative" support that?

How can "conservatives" support his enviro-nutter policies and position?

Sure, Hogan enjoys a big approval rating...because far Left Democrats adore him. And of course they do: he's one of them.

If we're going to get a Leftist as Governor, I'd prefer an honest one who doesn't bait and switch. Hogan is a Republican like John McCain is a Republican, i.e. a liberal ass kisser who cares more about power and elections than he does our state/country.

I'm not necessarily opposed to his free college proclamation in theory, but I can clearly see it being just another pander rife with fraud and graft simply because that's all I've seen with his administration period. It happens that one of my friends was a recipient of the pot farm largesse - that friend is a personal friend of Hogan and a large financial supporter, which is how he got the license.

How are you all supposed conservatives resolving Hogan's actions in your mind? Do you just like him because he stuck an R after his name?

Chris0nllyn

I don't think anyone actually believed Hogan could accomplish much of anything with strict Conservative values in Maryland. It's just not possible and all but guarantees him not getting re-elected.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I never assumed Larry was a conservative. I believe he is what used to be called a moderate Republican. He, nor any other Rep governor, is ever going to steer MD back to the right as long as the Legislature can override any veto. All I can hope for is he reduces the rate-of-turn to the left.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think anyone actually believed Hogan could accomplish much of anything with strict Conservative values in Maryland. It's just not possible and all but guarantees him not getting re-elected.

That ^.

Taking MD political realities in to account, I think Hogan has done a pretty decent job to date.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I know you all kiss his ring, but I cannot forget how he banged with the progbot gang in opposing Trump and parroting the lies the Left were "reporting" about him that we now know were lies. That didn't stop ol' Lar, though. Or did I miss where he gave a statement admitting he was wrong and praising the direction Trump is taking our country?

I have not personally seen anything beneficial to having this so-called conservative in the Governor's seat. I see him sucking Leftist ass in order to get and stay elected. Now he wants to spend our tax dollars on free community college tuition. Really? How can any "conservative" support that?

How can "conservatives" support his enviro-nutter policies and position?

Sure, Hogan enjoys a big approval rating...because far Left Democrats adore him. And of course they do: he's one of them.

If we're going to get a Leftist as Governor, I'd prefer an honest one who doesn't bait and switch. Hogan is a Republican like John McCain is a Republican, i.e. a liberal ass kisser who cares more about power and elections than he does our state/country.

I'm not necessarily opposed to his free college proclamation in theory, but I can clearly see it being just another pander rife with fraud and graft simply because that's all I've seen with his administration period. It happens that one of my friends was a recipient of the pot farm largesse - that friend is a personal friend of Hogan and a large financial supporter, which is how he got the license.

How are you all supposed conservatives resolving Hogan's actions in your mind? Do you just like him because he stuck an R after his name?

:larry:?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never assumed Larry was a conservative. I believe he is what used to be called a moderate Republican. He, nor any other Rep governor, is ever going to steer MD back to the right as long as the Legislature can override any veto. All I can hope for is he reduces the rate-of-turn to the left.

Donald Trump is having no problem dismantling the corrupt Left and their media ciphers. He's getting all kinds of wonderful things accomplished, WHILE fighting off the machine. And yet Hogan STILL won't hitch his wagon to that star. Hogan could do battle with the legislature if he wanted to, so he is either A) a coward; or B) one of them. He has a number of willing champions....if he wanted to do that.

Sorry, but I'm seeing Hogan as being no better than that big huge disappointment Chris Christie (who Hogan endorsed during the primary, btw).

SamSpade

STILL prefer Hogan to another Martin O'Malley.

My beef with the college thing is two-fold - make something free, and everyone wants some.
They've funded it a 15 million and average yearly tuition with a 12 credit burden is less than 5000 - the limit of support.
Do the math - it doesn't fund a lot of people.

While it's true that MANY schools have enough endowments and wealth pouring in that they COULD easily
afford making all undergraduate programs free - a lot cannot. And we have an increasing need for more training
in our workforce.

I do think something ELSE ought to be done - I think the cost of a class per credit hour ought to be tied to
the expected income of a person in that field - why should these low paying degrees cost the same as
anything else? Why should a professor teaching women's studies be given anything near what a professor
in physics or chemistry make?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I know you all kiss his ring ....

Like Trump, Hogan Ain't know Conservative ....

I'm not necessarily opposed to his free college proclamation in theory,

as I said in a different thread to Sam .... ONLY of there is some aptitude testing and directed course

if some guy that has an aptitude for Blue Collar work and insists he wants to get into Womyns Studies or Political Communication - he can fund his own fantasy
but if some Girl has a strong aptitude for sciences and wants to Study Engineering and have a career in Engineering - sure fund / loan

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
"Now he wants to spend our tax dollars on free community college tuition."

Free is a relative term. It means something different to the student receiving it then it does to the taxpayer paying for it.

SamSpade

I am not sure what our state budget looks like - but I have to think that 15 million is not a lot.

(Just looked at the state budget for 2019 - around 44 BILLION. So 15 million for free community college is what, 3 tenths of one percent?)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am not sure what our state budget looks like - but I have to think that 15 million is not a lot.

(Just looked at the state budget for 2019 - around 44 BILLION. So 15 million for free community college is what, 3 tenths of one percent?)

A million here, a million there...pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Like I said, it's not the idea of the program itself that bugs me. It's that I know that money will go to his cronies and political cohorts, and not be divested impartially for its intended purpose. And I think we also know that Baltimore will suck up most of it, so it's not like one penny of it will benefit our local community. I'd be more interested in a county program where my tax dollars go to help out local kids.

Hijinx

Donald Trump is having no problem dismantling the corrupt Left and their media ciphers. He's getting all kinds of wonderful things accomplished, WHILE fighting off the machine. ).

Are you sh1tting me? Having no problems dismantling the corrupt left?

Is Schumer frightened? How about Maxine or Pelosi , they have been dismantled?
How about Mueller and Sessions.
No problems dismantling the corrupt left?
Is Hillary in jail? has she been charged with anything?

Are you still on this planet?

Last edited:

Hijinx

A million here, a million there...pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Like I said, it's not the idea of the program itself that bugs me. It's that I know that money will go to his cronies and political cohorts, and not be divested impartially for its intended purpose. And I think we also know that Baltimore will suck up most of it, so it's not like one penny of it will benefit our local community. I'd be more interested in a county program where my tax dollars go to help out local kids.

Every Governor we ever had spent most of the funds on Baltimore---and look what we have.