Daddy and Kim have set a date

SamSpade

I'm still extremely skeptical - this man killed his own half-brother.

But I do think with the good faith gesture he made ahead of time - releasing the three prisoners - is hopeful.
It would be more like him to use that to bargain with in the event he wasn't willing to cooperate.

It may well be that, like Eastern Europe in 1989 - he just realized that you can't be a strong nation
with an economy in the toilet - unlike his southern neighbor whose economy is 11th largest in the world,
and in Asia, only behind China, Japan and India.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm still extremely skeptical - this man killed his own half-brother.

The observation has been made that Kim is homicidal, not suicidal. What did they call it? "Strategic patience"? Yeah, that chit doesn't work. Now we have a President who means business and, despite the best efforts of our news journalists, is forging relationships with foreign leaders that is based on mutual respect, not cowering appeasement (yeah, Barry, talking to you, bud).

PsyOps

Pixelated
The observation has been made that Kim is homicidal, not suicidal. What did they call it? "Strategic patience"? Yeah, that chit doesn't work. Now we have a President who means business and, despite the best efforts of our news journalists, is forging relationships with foreign leaders that is based on mutual respect, not cowering appeasement (yeah, Barry, talking to you, bud).

This remains to be seen. Un still has his nukes. He still has his missiles. He is still insane. I'm waiting to see what demands he will propose for this so-called dismantling of his nuke program. Don't get me wrong... this is far more accomplishment than what has happened in any prior president. But, my distrust comes from not knowing what Un will demand, and whether any of it will result in a flip on his nuke pursuits.

gemma_rae

To be honest, the only thing I really know about Un is what I've seen and heard on TV. Considering what I've seen and heard on TV the last year and a half, I realize I don't know anything about him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To be honest, the only thing I really know about Un is what I've seen and heard on TV. Considering what I've seen and heard on TV the last year and a half, I realize I don't know anything about him.

He's a fun guy. Likes basketball and American pop stars. Had his brother killed for being too modern.

gemma_rae

He's a fun guy. Likes basketball and American pop stars. Had his brother killed for being too modern.

Like I said, that's what the TV says. I now have no reason to believe that's true after the blatant lies they have reported as truth for over 18 months. I'm rethinking everything I thought I knew.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like I said, that's what the TV says. I now have no reason to believe that's true after the blatant lies they have reported as truth for over 18 months. I'm rethinking everything I thought I knew.

If it were any different, we'd hear it from BBC and foreign news sources. They all seem to be unanimous that young Kim is volatile and not the most democratic soul on the planet. So far Dennis Rodman is his only fan since Taylor Swift won't text him back.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I don't think we can doubt his love for American basketball given we know Rodman has had nearly unfettered access to NORK. We do know Un's half brother was murdered using a nerve agent. Can we unequivocally prove it that Kim Jung Un ordered the kill? Not really. But it seems reported investigations supports it.

Quite honestly, I get your distrust in reporting on anything-NORK. I find myself not trusting almost any reporting on anything; especially when it's accompanied by "anonymous sources tell us...". And that seems to be the trend in reporting these days.

What we do know is Un remains to be a brutal dictator. He keeps his own people imprisoned in that country. He won't hesitate to abuse, torture, or murder anyone he deems a threat to his throne; as we saw from Otto Warmbier. We know he has tested numerous nukes and long-range missile. These things are caught on video directly from that country.

And we know Trump is going to meet with Un; something no other president has been able to accomplish. We have every reason not to trust Un, but we also have nothing to lose by having Trump try to solve our differences diplomatically. Despite all of the disparagement coming from the left and the never-Trump crowd over this, I thought they would welcome diplomacy over war. It's these people that are deceiving us and can't be trusted at this point.

gemma_rae

I don't think we can doubt his love for American basketball given we know Rodman has had nearly unfettered access to NORK. We do know Un's half brother was murdered using a nerve agent. Can we unequivocally prove it that Kim Jung Un ordered the kill? Not really. But it seems reported investigations supports it.

Quite honestly, I get your distrust in reporting on anything-NORK. I find myself not trusting almost any reporting on anything; especially when it's accompanied by "anonymous sources tell us...". And that seems to be the trend in reporting these days.

What we do know is Un remains to be a brutal dictator. He keeps his own people imprisoned in that country. He won't hesitate to abuse, torture, or murder anyone he deems a threat to his throne; as we saw from Otto Warmbier. We know he has tested numerous nukes and long-range missile. These things are caught on video directly from that country.

And we know Trump is going to meet with Un; something no other president has been able to accomplish. We have every reason not to trust Un, but we also have nothing to lose by having Trump try to solve our differences diplomatically. Despite all of the disparagement coming from the left and the never-Trump crowd over this, I thought they would welcome diplomacy over war. It's these people that are deceiving us and can't be trusted at this point.

This bolded sentence sums up what I feebly attempted to convey, that despite what's been reported Trump should be strong, but diplomatic as well. I think Un just wants to be acknowledged really. We can always F--- him up later. If need be of course.:really:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
[h=2]Daddy and Kim have set a date[/h]
Does that mean Kim’s going to be my new mommy?