No infrastructure bill this year

Chris0nllyn

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Wednesday the administration has no plans to launch another push for infrastructure spending legislation this year.

"We're going to continue looking at ways to improve that nation's infrastructure, but in terms of a specific piece of legislation, I'm not aware that that will happen by the end of the year," Sanders said at the daily White House press briefing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ders-infrastructure-week-is-over-for-the-year

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No way to light a fire under congress twits in an election year?

transporter

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Wednesday the administration has no plans to launch another push for infrastructure spending legislation this year.

"We're going to continue looking at ways to improve that nation's infrastructure, but in terms of a specific piece of legislation, I'm not aware that that will happen by the end of the year," Sanders said at the daily White House press briefing.

Gee? Really???

You mean after massive tax cuts combined with a large increase in spending there is no stomach for more???

Wow! That is just a f***ing stunning development!!

(Go ahead...try and tell me how competent this President is...come on...the easiest god damn thing his administration could have done...the first damn thing his administration SHOULD have done...the thing that ACTUALLY could have helped WORKING CLASS Americans...he can't do. Why? Because he is incompetent, because he is unqualified, because doing infrastructure has nothing to do with Obama.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gee? Really???

You mean after massive tax cuts combined with a large increase in spending there is no stomach for more???

Wow! That is just a f***ing stunning development!!

(Go ahead...try and tell me how competent this President is...come on...the easiest god damn thing his administration could have done...the first damn thing his administration SHOULD have done...the thing that ACTUALLY could have helped WORKING CLASS Americans...he can't do. Why? Because he is incompetent, because he is unqualified, because doing infrastructure has nothing to do with Obama.)

Pssst...Congress controls spending.

I think you really need to go live in a dictatorship or monarchy. The idea of three branches of government seems to be too much for you to comprehend.

This_person

How do you feel about this? While there is a clause in Article 1, Section 8 that discusses the Federal responsibility for "post roads", one could argue that the interstate system provides for that, and all other "infrastructure" belongs to the states, or the people. Additionally, due to the requirements of the Eisenhower interstate system, one could argue that is a Defense Department responsibility within the Federal government.

What say YOU?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Pssst...Congress controls spending.

I think you really need to go live in a dictatorship or monarchy. The idea of three branches of government seems to be too much for you to comprehend.

After 8 years of the president from hell, they have a hard time understanding the way our government is supposed to work.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
After 8 years of the president from hell, they have a hard time understanding the way our government is supposed to work.

Even without Obama they have no idea how government is supposed to work.

Chris0nllyn

How do you feel about this? While there is a clause in Article 1, Section 8 that discusses the Federal responsibility for "post roads", one could argue that the interstate system provides for that, and all other "infrastructure" belongs to the states, or the people. Additionally, due to the requirements of the Eisenhower interstate system, one could argue that is a Defense Department responsibility within the Federal government.

What say YOU?

First off, I appreciate you asking me what my stance is rather than simply assuming. That's rather refreshing 'round here.

I think the amount of money we spend on so much other dumb #### could easily pay for a number of infrastructure projects. We've already spent $126 billion on infrastructure.....in Afghanistan. More than the US spent to rebuild Europe after WWII (after adjusting for inflation). That being said, I do agree that it should fall more on the states given the federal boondoggles in Afghanistan. If the feds wants to upgrade their infrastructure, I'd be okay with that as well. We've got bridges old as dirt, roads falling apart, electrical infrastructure needing upgrades, water and sewer lines that are over 100 years old, etc.

For some reason, the GOP cannot get anything done. The GOP literally has no ideas or policy anymore.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think the amount of money we spend on so much other dumb #### could easily pay for a number of infrastructure projects. We've already spent $126 billion on infrastructure.....in Afghanistan. More than the US spent to rebuild Europe after WWII (after adjusting for inflation). That being said, I do agree that it should fall more on the states given the federal boondoggles in Afghanistan. If the feds wants to upgrade their infrastructure, I'd be okay with that as well. We've got bridges old as dirt, roads falling apart, electrical infrastructure needing upgrades, water and sewer lines that are over 100 years old, etc.

For some reason, the GOP cannot get anything done. The GOP literally has no ideas or policy anymore.

That ^.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This what I'm talking about with you. "The GOP..." Do you think the Democrats are just a hive of industry and would be tearing it up if it weren't for those damn Republicans who cannot get anything done and have no ideas or policy?

I'm curious why you felt the need to bust on *just* the Republicans? Because currently I think it's because you are a partisan tool who sucks up propaganda and barfs it back out, while hiding behind a self-labeled "independence". If that is incorrect, I'm interested in knowing the real reason.

Chris0nllyn

This what I'm talking about with you. "The GOP..." Do you think the Democrats are just a hive of industry and would be tearing it up if it weren't for those damn Republicans who cannot get anything done and have no ideas or policy?

I'm curious why you felt the need to bust on *just* the Republicans? Because currently I think it's because you are a partisan tool who sucks up propaganda and barfs it back out, while hiding behind a self-labeled "independence". If that is incorrect, I'm interested in knowing the real reason.

I'm not arguing the upside of action (or inaction). I don't necessarily agree with the things the Dems were able to do with their majority, and I'd argue inaction by the current GOP majority is actually a good thing. However, as a party, I don't see a clear vision and it's quite obvious the political stances of the GOP change based on who is in office.

The GOP promised, promised, to repeal "and replace" Obamacare. Some minor Executive Orders aside, party members are already throwing in the towel admitting that Obamacare repeal is not a priority anymore. The GOP cut taxes, which is a good thing, but raised spending at the same time, adding hundreds of billions to the deficit. That's not good for fiscal conservatives and the GOP "leader" Mitch McConnell has already said he doesn't want to cut any spending. Congress (GOP majority) is likely to not pass a budget resolution this year. That's as basic as it gets for Congress actions, and they still can't get it done (not that the Dems could either, but two wrongs don't make it right) nor any entitlement reform (which should be a big deal for some). The GOP may pass some anti-opiod bill or a new farm bill, but it's pittance when compared to the Democrat's most recent majority.

They signed Obamacare. Not something many of us like but it was a major piece of legislation and regardless if no one actually read the bill, the Dems seemed to have at least some party vision. They passed a stimulus package, CHIP reauthorization, Fair Pay Act, criminal sentencing reform, small business lending program, and financial regulation overhaul. Again, I'm not arguing if the Dem accomplishments are good for the country or not, only saying that the Dems have a seemingly clear agenda and are sticking to it as a whole.

The GOP, however, is losing high ranking members to retirement and increasingly running on a campaign of "We're with Trump". They are focusing on things that affect Trump, and not the country. Clinton, Mueller, the media, etc.are all things affecting Trump, but don't really affedct us or their ability to legislate (at least, it shouldn't be).

Maybe that's their strategy to combat the left's attacks during the upcoming midterms, and maybe it'll work, but what happenss if it does? The GOP maintains or gains some seats, they have no real plans, priorities, or ideas, and the attack-riddled campaign only pushes the left to move closer to their (expanded) agenda.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
However, as a party, I don't see a clear vision and it's quite obvious the political stances of the GOP change based on who is in office.

As a party, I think they're lazy and fractious. Both of them. I don't want them doing crap just to be doing it. All those "accomplishments" you cited were feel-good nonsense that was a complete waste of time and taxpayer money. That's not what we hired them for. I'd rather they do nothing than that crap.

I just thought it was interesting that you chose to criticize *only* the Republicans when it's really both parties that make up Congress and are more about their own interests than the good of the country.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They signed Obamacare. Not something many of us like but it was a major piece of legislation and regardless if no one actually read the bill, the Dems seemed to have at least some party vision. They passed a stimulus package, CHIP reauthorization, Fair Pay Act, criminal sentencing reform, small business lending program, and financial regulation overhaul.

So you believe that as long as Congress is "doing something", that's a good thing, even if everything they do is really bad for the country? Like literally everything you listed above.....for example.

Gotcha.

Chris0nllyn

As a party, I think they're lazy and fractious. Both of them. I don't want them doing crap just to be doing it. All those "accomplishments" you cited were feel-good nonsense that was a complete waste of time and taxpayer money.

I just thought it was interesting that you chose to criticize *only* the Republicans when it's really both parties that make up Congress and are more about their own interests than the good of the country.

I chose *only* the Republicans because, as I mentioned, the democrats have some sort of vision and party-wide policies while it does not seem the Republicans do. I laid out examples in my post on why I feel that way.

While Democrats certainly share some level of blame and finger pointing, unless you believe both sides will suddenly start working together and finding common ground in order to work across the aisle, the GOP is my focus right now and I chose *only* the Republicans because they hold the majority and are seemingly rutterless based on the specific instances I mentioned in my previous post.

Chris0nllyn

So you believe that as long as Congress is "doing something", that's a good thing, even if everything they do is really bad for the country? Like literally everything you listed above.....for example.

Gotcha.

What an amazing piece of revisionist history and evidence of a lack of reading and comprehention ability. Congratulations.

I'm not arguing the upside of action (or inaction). I don't necessarily agree with the things the Dems were able to do with their majority, and I'd argue inaction by the current GOP majority is actually a good thing. However, as a party, I don't see a clear vision and it's quite obvious the political stances of the GOP change based on who is in office.

The GOP promised, promised, to repeal "and replace" Obamacare. Some minor Executive Orders aside, party members are already throwing in the towel admitting that Obamacare repeal is not a priority anymore. The GOP cut taxes, which is a good thing, but raised spending at the same time, adding hundreds of billions to the deficit. That's not good for fiscal conservatives and the GOP "leader" Mitch McConnell has already said he doesn't want to cut any spending. Congress (GOP majority) is likely to not pass a budget resolution this year. That's as basic as it gets for Congress actions, and they still can't get it done (not that the Dems could either, but two wrongs don't make it right) nor any entitlement reform (which should be a big deal for some). The GOP may pass some anti-opiod bill or a new farm bill, but it's pittance when compared to the Democrat's most recent majority.

They signed Obamacare. Not something many of us like but it was a major piece of legislation and regardless if no one actually read the bill, the Dems seemed to have at least some party vision. They passed a stimulus package, CHIP reauthorization, Fair Pay Act, criminal sentencing reform, small business lending program, and financial regulation overhaul. Again, I'm not arguing if the Dem accomplishments are good for the country or not, only saying that the Dems have a seemingly clear agenda and are sticking to it as a whole.

The GOP, however, is losing high ranking members to retirement and increasingly running on a campaign of "We're with Trump". They are focusing on things that affect Trump, and not the country. Clinton, Mueller, the media, etc.are all things affecting Trump, but don't really affedct us or their ability to legislate (at least, it shouldn't be).

Maybe that's their strategy to combat the left's attacks during the upcoming midterms, and maybe it'll work, but what happenss if it does? The GOP maintains or gains some seats, they have no real plans, priorities, or ideas, and the attack-riddled campaign only pushes the left to move closer to their (expanded) agenda.

In what universe did you read what I posted and come up with that nonsense?

Last edited: